Toyotally Awesome 2012 4x4 DBL Cab

Haha, you got me. Just got a new CV boot in last week, might slap it on this weekend if we get a break in the rain. I've been lagging on selling our beater car that I was going to use for parts money, but soon. Lets see, what else- someone ran into the back of it a week or so ago. No real damage other than a creased bumper. Not really noticeable, but it still sucks, so the dude is gonna pay for a new bumper. Might just slap a new plate one on the back with the ins money.
bumpercrash.jpg

It has been hauling two wheeled toys and kids around a lot. Once for a kid's mini bike birthday party up at the Swampound (iykyk)
dirtbikeload.jpg

And after mountain bike rides the kids have pretty much made the roof rack their hangout spot.

PXL_20240121_213649719.jpg

PXL_20240115_215231693.jpg

Appreciate the Giver the Onion sticker is still on there haha

Seems like a good value.
Probably gonna do one of the BLGT stickers you gave me too, just have been slacking.

No excuses on truck updates other than the weather has been chitty up here and I work on stuff in my driveway so motivation is currently low.

Currently eyeballing this as far as rear bumpers go.
https://outgearsolutions.com/collec...products/2005-2015-hc-rear-tube-bumper-tilted

It'll require some cutting, but I like the extra clearance it gives. The reciever will be way higher, but if anything i'd be using that for recover rather than towing, and I've already got a bunch of big ol drop hitches from my last tundra if I ever need to actually tow anything with this.

Well shoot. Kid texting driving down my tagged the truck while it was parked in front of my house. We'll see how this goes with insurance and all that. Really didn't want a back half and trailing arms type project(need an actual truck bed for what I would use this for).
1721748243044.png

1721748264263.png

Lots of bumper and body panel tweakage. But the biggest bummer is probably the little crease int he frame right here:

1721748313235.png

Damnit! this happens almost every night here where I live, which is why I refuse to park anything on the street.
Yeah, I'm in a super small town where everyone usually drives slow. The incident last night pretty much brought out the whole town in their bunny slippers to see what was going on.

so what's the prognosis ?
So the crash was loud/ spectacular enough to bring all the neighbors out when it happened and someone called the CHP(I think maybe because my neighbor across the street thought it was a drunk driver at first).

Anyway, because of that all the insurance information got collected by them in a crash report which apparently takes about 8 days before it's done or anyone can access it or something. So in the meantime the truck is just chilling in front of my house.

I guess the longest it could take will be until next Tuesday when the report comes out. Lucky for me, I have finally been vindicated for owning lots of extra vehicles. Been driving my dad's old TJ to work.

Our other neighbor lady who had her Subaru hit had to get her insurance to get her a rental car tow and all that jazz, and then try to figure out how to get their insurance to pay for it I guess?

I dunno. My local insurance agent told me it would be easier to wait and just go through the kid's insurance if possible.

Police report came out today, so now I'm working with insurance. This graphic is pretty fun. They could have done better though, because you can't see how dang cool V-3 and V-4 are.
1722030312198.png

Bonus pic of my new pulled bedside:
1722030419210.png

is that graphic from the police report?
Ayup. They actually have car #4(my jeep) much closer to car #3(Tacoma) than it was. The jeep was parked with it's front bumper all the way up where the driveway apron starts.

Truck went to the body shop yesterday afternoon. Waiting for an estimate from them now.

still no response from adjuster?
They said their driver isn't returning their calls and they have to have a statement from them before they'll do anything. She recommended I use my insurance to get the ball rolling and then they would reimburse or something like that. Opened a claim with my insurance and sent it to one of their recommended shops yesterday. Went with one of theirs that's well known around here because then all the work is warrantied for life by the insurance.

They said their driver isn't returning their calls and they have to have a statement from them before they'll do anything. She recommended I use my insurance to get the ball rolling and then they would reimburse or something like that. Opened a claim with my insurance and sent it to one of their recommended shops yesterday. Went with one of theirs that's well known around here because then all the work is warrantied for life by the insurance.
oh boy.... sounds pretty standard.... 😒

oh boy.... sounds pretty standard.... 😒
What I don't get is why it's a big deal if the other insurance drags their feet. My deductible is $250, so that's all I'm out while they figure their chit out and my insurance covers the repairs.... Right? Or am I missing something scary?

What I don't get is why it's a big deal if the other insurance drags their feet. My deductible is $250, so that's all I'm out while they figure their chit out and my insurance covers the repairs.... Right? Or am I missing something scary?
nope that's what I would have suggested as well. You'll pay the deductible when you pick up your truck then your carrier will flip the tab to the body shop. Then they will subrogate (go after the other company/driver in the event he doesn't have enough coverage to cover the 3 vehicles he caused damage to. Once they get money back from other carrier, they will make you whole, you'll get your $250 back. Lastly, it will go on your record as a not at fault accident, which won't effect your rate.

Back