To The Moon build

Raceranger97

Little background on the truck for those unfamiliar with it. I bought this truck as a “prerunner” my senior year early 2007 and has been in the dirt every few months since, never being down for any notable length of time. When purchased it had a bent beam kit, front glass and bumpers. Started life as a 97 2.3 5 speed. Since then it has evolved many times and raced a bunch of events. It’s had several different beam set ups, V6s and several V8s and various leaf set ups on it before getting linked. Some of our fab work from 17 years ago when we were learning is still on it and it shows lol.

The truck has been pretty much the same for the last 5 years.

-Roller Ford 302 with a bunch of goodies making 315HP on a chasis dyno
-Toploader 4speed manual transmission
-Custom Equal length Beam set up with 3.0/2.5 combo pulling 19”
-3 Link rear with 3.0/2.5 combo pulling 29”
-40 spline 9” full float rear end
-37” Falken M/T

Here’s some pics throughout the years

IMG_2305.jpegIMG_0001.jpegIMG_8627.jpegIMG_3241.jpegIMG_5722.jpeg

Last edited:
still got the 2.9?? it got you enough speed to jump that far??? wow. my 2.9 kept my truck together for many years. could never get to fast to break things. now with the sohc some things require more attention.

i like mitch's stuff. was looking at it. what will be the track width or wheel mounting when your done?

still got the 2.9?? it got you enough speed to jump that far??? wow. my 2.9 kept my truck together for many years. could never get to fast to break things. now with the sohc some things require more attention.

i like mitch's stuff. was looking at it. what will be the track width or wheel mounting when your done?
lol this truck does not, nor ever had a 2.9.

I’ll know soon but should be about 86” track width.

Back