Champagne dream

Prezioso85

Starting my build thread, back probably 08 I put a Camburg 4.5 over beam kit on this truck and giant 64’s for my buddy, fast forward to January this year, he ended up giving me the truck since it was just sitting in his back yard. I’m now building so I can have fun with it. So far the cage is almost done, then off to the back half, I’ve been collecting parts and plan on keeping the 64’s and putting 3.0 king co’s on the front. As of right now a lot of pics are out of order.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6881.jpeg
    IMG_6881.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6781.jpeg
    IMG_6781.jpeg
    514.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6756.jpeg
    IMG_6756.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6755.jpeg
    IMG_6755.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 52
I got the Camburg race hubs and spindles for the front so I don’t have to cut up the beams for d44, and found a Currie 9” with 35 spline axles, willwood brakes and 5/8 studs on rdc. Had to put a bronco tank and new fuel pump in it to get it running after years of sitting.IMG_0509.pngIMG_0510.png

Nice build! I'll take those door panels if you decide to sell them.

LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME SO FAR!

just because i have to pick apart everything tho and i have DR in my blood. haha

too late now, unless you're a fucking pro with a Sawzall/cutoff wheel of course, but when you weld a tube like this to the frame, its best to put a plate on the frame FIRST. it spreads the load and makes the weld point less of a spot to potentially crack. or whatever the fuck the right way is to explain it that i aint guud wit tha wurdz N stuff. haha

whatever, not gonna kill you now, if you roll it.......... hopefully. haha

just being a smartass.

1.JPG

2.JPG

I saw an add for a used Camry yesterday and they correctly called this color "Grandma Gold"
Haha trust me I’m not a fan of the color, but my friend I got it from always called it the champagne dream, so I figured I’d keep it, plus it give me the “champagne of beers theme
LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME SO FAR!

just because i have to pick apart everything tho and i have DR in my blood. haha

too late now, unless you're a fucking pro with a Sawzall/cutoff wheel of course, but when you weld a tube like this to the frame, its best to put a plate on the frame FIRST. it spreads the load and makes the weld point less of a spot to potentially crack. or whatever the fuck the right way is to explain it that i aint guud wit tha wurdz N stuff. haha

whatever, not gonna kill you now, if you roll it.......... hopefully. haha

just being a smartass.

View attachment 24464

View attachment 24465
I went back and forth with plating the frame, 1/8” didn’t seem right to me since it’s thinner than the stock frame, and I wasn’t sure if people plate with 3/16 🤷🏻‍♂️, either way it has 8 points landing on the frame

You'll be just fine going directly to the frame. Those older ford frames are relatively thick already. Now if it was a Toyota frame I'd say definitely do a doubler plate my old tundra was maybe .125 at the thickest part.

Are the frames thick? Yes. Do they also move and flex like a wet noodle? Yes.
Notice the bed and gap on front driver side of bumper 🤣

That being said, you’ll be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_4021.jpeg
    IMG_4021.jpeg
    902.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Are the frames thick? Yes. Do they also move and flex like a wet noodle? Yes.
Notice the bed and gap on front driver side of bumper 🤣

That being said, you’ll be fine.
I had a 95 f150 and when getting twisted up like that it would look crazy. Then when I got my new tundra (2005) i remember ford guys making a big deal about how much the bed would move on it. Ha

Got the cab cage painted with alloy armor paint, and got the Currie 9” under it, time for rear shock mounts

Back