To The Moon build

Shit, what's you story with the filter? How long has it been in the truck
I honestly don't recall last time I checked it, but it appears that the foam in the cell started to deteriorate. Both filters cleaned, foam removed and carb cleaned and re-sealed. Hoping to test soon to verify the problem is fixed. Going to be changing the shock shims as well so we can start actually dialing in the front end, currently every bypass is open and it is still too slow.

what size are those wildpeaks 37?. Swear those things run small as hell... buddy said he likes how they grip though..

what size are those wildpeaks 37?. Swear those things run small as hell... buddy said he likes how they grip though..

I like them as far as traction goes. I don’t know if it was just bad line choices, but I managed to put holes in three tires in one day out in Cal City

Attachments

• IMG_4500.jpeg
    IMG_4500.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Got the fuel system back together and she’s running great. Added a fuel gauge and AFR gauge in the cab to better monitor an issue like that. Having a tough time buying shims to revalve the 3.5 bypasses, but other than that it’s ready for more testing. Thinking Barstow soon.IMG_4640.jpeg

curious where you end up with the 3.5 bypass valving... Please share.

I'm wondering if i have too much valving in the front on G4.

Hopefully I made the right move, was wayy stiff with .020s on compression even with all tubes wide open. Went to .012 stack, hopefully have some adjustability now and won’t be too soft. There is .008s in the coilovers if memory serves me correctly.
IMG_4973.jpegIMG_4974.jpeg

ok.. so you talking about fronts.

I have .015's... can't rememberif doubled or tripled on main shim. It feels a bit too stiff in front, but i havent turned many tubes yet.

ok.. so you talking about fronts.

I have .015's... can't rememberif doubled or tripled on main shim. It feels a bit too stiff in front, but i havent turned many tubes yet.
Yes, the rear could probably be dialed in better, but it’s always worked well enough for me to not bother with it. Front took big hits well, but was really aggressive in the small stuff. Hoping I didn’t overcompensate..

Also, my top speed for that weekend was only 70-ish mph since it was running out of fuel after that. I wasn’t driving through stuff as fast as I wanted to, so it was a bit hard to gauge.

had a feeling 12's would be too little damping...

and how did that feel when sway bar broke... one of my fears is mine breaking in a hard corner and causing a roll over...

had a feeling 12's would be too little damping...

and how did that feel when sway bar broke... one of my fears is mine breaking in a hard corner and causing a roll over...
It happened while making some mild passes down main. Bottom of main was upsetting the truck quite a bit since the shocks were still pretty far off, heard a pop and it got a little extra wild for a sec but nothing major.

Back