KOH 2024 -"King Of the Canners"

With all of the rain, the lakebed is going to be a mess. All of the areas near turkey claw and on the west side of boon are going to packed.
I just hope it dries up before Saturday. Otherwise the $100 ticket will be a let down.

The forty is inside the gates, so you can’t get in unless you pay the $100.
The $100 seems like a lot but not when you think how long the event is.
Everything is expensive though. Tshirts are $30 each. Food is $13 for a burger.
It’s just an expensive thing to do.
The 40 is inside the main gate but not inside the gated off “hammer town” area with vendors and such. You could just enter the lake bed through the million other trails and go to the 40 that way.

While I agree and too have always paid sometimes that extra 100 bucks can make or break a trip for people. Especially in this economy so I don’t pass judgement, just helpful info.

Hopefully the higher prices get some of the UTV jabrones to stay home. I could go without them blindly cutting through trails without as much as a glance.

This is why I told my son he can't bring his dirt bike. I was almost smacked like 3 times if I was not looking out it could have been really bad.

So looks like only one other person is going on the 25th. Should I pull a pismo move and just rope off 10 acres?!

Haha, I am sure someone would just drive through it.

i thought the money was to get a wrist band that is needed to get in where the venders are. so, could you choose not to get the wrist band and not go into the venders/start/finish area?

Anyone out there yet? I am going with a few guys to spectate the TT race on Sunday 1/27. All I know is that we don't want to drive in mud ha ha!

Anyone out there yet? I am going with a few guys to spectate the TT race on Sunday 1/27. All I know is that we don't want to drive in mud ha ha!
I'll be out in Thursday, original plan was to leave on Sunday the 28th sometime during or after the main race. If we still have beer in the fridge, we may stay till Monday. The weather looks perfect for 25-29th so far.

With all of the rain, the lakebed is going to be a mess. All of the areas near turkey claw and on the west side of boon are going to packed.
I just hope it dries up before Saturday. Otherwise the $100 ticket will be a let down.
should dry up in most areas before the last weekend.. but i see more rain coming that thursday..friday....😅

Anyone else with OnX? Are you able to see KOH specific stuff on it? Like the race course and hammer town?
Last year something resembling the race course suddenly showed up on On X while we were down there. Not sure if they'll do that again, but it was my first year as a 100% spectator and it was nice to know where NOT to go during race day.

My service up there over the weekend was trash even though I heard it would be better this year. It’s was still pretty empty during the moto race and it was still was super slow. Only reason I switched to a Lowrance from OnX was service issues. I have Verizon so maybe other Carriers will work better.

My service up there over the weekend was trash even though I heard it would be better this year. It’s was still pretty empty during the moto race and it was still was super slow. Only reason I switched to a Lowrance from OnX was service issues. I have Verizon so maybe other Carriers will work better.
I've had decent luck with Verizon early in the week and farther up the hill behind hammer town. For onx, I generally save the whole area to an offline map. Sometime around like Thursday while I was using the hammer town blue rooms, the race course suddenly added itself.

I always download the area I am going, to my Tab from my house. Then when I am in Apple Valley I check for any race course updates. I use my Lowrance for tracking and roads and my ONX tab for detailed info.

Back