KOH 2024 -"King Of the Canners"

IMG_1886.jpegIMG_1903.jpegIMG_1907.jpegIMG_1913.jpegIMG_1918.jpegIMG_1921.jpegIMG_1925.jpegIMG_8031.jpegIMG_8032.jpegKOH 2024. Left Friday morning with some buddies and landed at the shit show around 12:30. Met some more people and set up camp. Unloaded the shit box and headed out west away from the lakebed to recon some spots to watch the race from. Blasted around the desert the rest of the day giving people rides.

One buddy had a moderately built new bronco and thinks it works so good. He was absolutely blown away on how much faster I can go. At the first set of whoops, I could see him panic and brace himself for a huge hit that never came. He was shopping for long travel by the end of the weekend.

Watched all the racing Saturday/Sunday, drank all the beers, watched an absolute shit show of Chocolate Thunder Saturday night.

Truck did awesome. Drivers side CV nut at the wheel bearing came loose and had to get snugged back up. I could feel it through the steering wheel. Second time this happened, the little Toyota retainer/cotter pin kept it from getting too loose, maybe an 1/8 of a turn to tighten it back up. Red loctite?

Trans temp climbed to 210 and the fan couldn’t bring it down. When I run the fan from cold, temp never goes above 190. I think I’m going to put a hole in the bedside to give the hot air a place to escape. It just kinda swirls in the dead space behind the cab now.

Looked for BLGT camp around turkey claw a few times, but never saw any familiar trucks/faces. Saw Geoff’s Bronco a few times, but we were always both moving.

Overall a great trip and lots of trouble free desert miles.

Is there a set date time to do a run yet? Still haven’t seen anything official, I’m camping right next to ultra 3 and might head home Friday/Saturday.

No I’m here know, it just seemed like someone was gonna setup a meet/run but haven’t seen anything.

I want to say that's supposed to be today around 4. Head over to camp. The coordinates where posted a few pages back or so.

Holy shit! We had so much fun out there. I can't believe I've been missing out on this my whole life. I was even dreaming about hammers last night. I didn't get to meet anyone unfortunately but I did see trucks I recognized. Definitely going to be out there next year and for more nights!

Attachments

• 20240126_201522.jpg
    20240126_201522.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 16
  • VideoCapture_20240128-165652.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240128-165652.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240127_134106.jpg
    20240127_134106.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 14
where is the punch video?

heading out today. hope to see many of you. looking for the giant geoff camp.

I unfortunately have to pull out. I was out sick all last week + crappy weather this week so I ran out of time working on the truck.

Did a quick day trip today out to KOH, I watched the start at Turkey Claw, saw Beaumonts jeep and the Trophy Runner parked. Watched Back Door, Chocolate Tunder and headed home. Its always a good day when you get to fling some dirt around. It's also fun driving around and rubber necking all the awesome builds out there. Hopefully next time I will have more time and meet some of you. I'm currently watching the end of the race from my living room.
20240203_080750.jpg20240203_084650.jpg

Did a quick day trip today out to KOH, I watched the start at Turkey Claw, saw Beaumonts jeep and the Trophy Runner parked. Watched Back Door, Chocolate Tunder and headed home. Its always a good day when you get to fling some dirt around. It's also fun driving around and rubber necking all the awesome builds out there. Hopefully next time I will have more time and meet some of you. I'm currently watching the end of the race from my living room.
View attachment 20379View attachment 20378
dude I saw you at back door when we rolled through in the power wagon to dump the cans. I was like that's a sweet yota and then I was like hey that's @Kellyex1450 !

big can guys
53511481196_c1082213fb_b.jpg

53510586767_15ff6e397f_b.jpg

@capt.hodges had a pretty killer little recap reel

I've got alot of photos and typing to do. Was an epic KOH... Thank you to all that helped us... @sdecurti @capt.hodges @JosB @Lutz @vcyota92, Cody and everyone else I'm forgetting.

E
Good times

The can smashers were sick, props on making those. I think if you scabbed some basic locator pins on the lid to keepthe opening clocked correct it would help. I noticed a few of them not line up for the can to drop and people just let them fall on the ground at ultra 3. (I picked up whatever cans i seen on the ground there) And coors light cans dont fit well. Excellent work though. Pic from top of SOS. Trails gotten easier. Made it up in about an hour. Could of been less someone broke a shaft

Attachments

• IMG_6768.jpeg
    IMG_6768.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 10
Back