Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

I wasn’t sure what ratio to get but I went with 4.56 on my 3.4 V6 Tacoma with 35’s due to the same reason of not wanting to be winding the engine going on 3+ hour freeway drives to get to places I go to off road but wanting at least a factory feel with shorter gears for the bigger tires. I have a super charger, manual and I got a heavy weight 38 lb flywheel from LCE. One day I’ll see if I was right once it runs and drives.

That's what I'm finding! Definitely a stand up guy. I really appreciate him!

I got all my 8.8 parts from Alec when i was rebuilding my expo 8.8 in my ranger. He even called me and walked me through setting up the gears over the phone. He never hesitates to help me out. I'm glad you went with him!

Smart move going to the S case. I broke my factory carrier bearing caps with 31 spline Detroit on my old v6 Toyota. Upgraded to S case and never had a problem after that AND the guy i sold the truck to did a 383 SBC swap into it and ran that rearend for who knows how long.

Smart move going to the S case. I broke my factory carrier bearing caps with 31 spline Detroit on my old v6 Toyota. Upgraded to S case and never had a problem after that AND the guy i sold the truck to did a 383 SBC swap into it and ran that rearend for who knows how long.

He talked me into it. At the time I set up the initial gears I was on a pretty limited budget, hence using the used gears and only running 31 spline axles. I can't wait to start breaking it in next week. The case arrives tonight!

Back