Chop Shop Builds

THANKS FOR THE HELP ERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Papa got it all fixeded up. He just freshened up ALL the grounds everywhere possible, and boom. hah. go figure............. still scratching head about how the glass shards that got IN the light........... hah

Last edited:
It may have taken a hit from a rock and chipped off from the inside of the lens. Are there chunks missing from the lens? Glass does weird thing when it breaks.

It may have taken a hit from a rock and chipped off from the inside of the lens. Are there chunks missing from the lens? Glass does weird thing when it breaks.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. yeah, didn't think about that. possibility, for sure. its all back together and working now though, so no need to take it back apart. ahah.

alsoooooooooooooo

papa picked the buggy motor up yesterday in Vegas from our motor guy. just had him go through it all and freshen everything up. nothing MORE, just went through it again before the season............

20240904_054721.jpg

buggy is pretty much ready to go on a flatbed now.

I was just talking to papa about it last night and, im going to start cleaning up the side shop/preparing it for my big tan turd to get a big overhaul this winter.
once it cools off i can and am going to officially chop it the fuck up. basically cut from the firewall FWD off, figure out the motor BS, and finally build a full new engine cage, for sure. i also want to get a new set of 64" leafs and do the rear CORRECTLY. but we'll see how that turns out........

im not going to link it yet, as it's going to be Brogan's sweet 16 gift.
I decided that a while ago and as of now...... I do not see him being ready to drive a linked truck by then.

Moved to her new resting place for honestly, probably a year or 2..............

20241020_120333.jpg

20241020_121834.jpg

Attachments

• 20241020_121834.jpg
    20241020_121834.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 1
PLAN is........... a lot honestly.
Brogan is only halfway to 16 right now at 8 years old, but we all know how fast that shit will creep up on you.

Anymore, I've got the buggy to take out and fuck around in. Maybe not on the street as much as the ranger, but that shits for highschool kids.
I'll tow the buggy out if I need to. Or, God forbid papa isn't able to take it out anywhere/more..... it's going to me.
So for now I'll just work on getting the ranger set for Brogan, and use the car to play in.

what I WOULD like to do is:
Cut the front end apart and rebuild it like my original plan. I need to redo the hack shit "engine cage/shock mounts" and build a full engine cage that ties in to the spots i prepped in the cage for, when I did the cage.
I'd LIKE to get a new front end/beams/spindles/that whole mess...... but being funded by our fucked government and "disability"........ not too sure that's in the works........

Also, I really need to get this fucking motor figured out. Whether that means get THIS one figured out, rebuilt from the bottom to the top and reliable, OR, just say fuck it and get a new block, or get a whole new 6.0, or I HAVE NO FUCKING idea honestly. but I need to get it figured out.

i'm 110% satisfied with the cab cage and the work inside the cab I did BEFORE my faceplanting.

the bedcage............ meeeeehhhhhhhhh. a BRAND NEW pack of 64" springs or something is preferred.
the guts of the bedcage is decent, not aesthetically pleasing for ME, but it'll do for now.

I DO NOTTTTTTTTTT want to link it just yet. Brogan is not getting a fucking linked truck when he turns 16. hah

so theres my rant with no good pictures. haha

At least you're realistic with your timeline.

You should set him up for success in life and get him a reliable gas friendly commuter car so he doesn't get roped into this money and time pit of a hobby.

Back