Chop Shop Builds

no idea what thread to put this in and SteveyWeveyBoy hasn't texted me back and im impatient as fuck. ha

cousin built this bobber and just recently got it streetable and started riding it.
total rusty kinda ghetto but not really, bobber look..... but it has a streetbike motor. pretty sure its an R6. it still confuses the fuck out of me seeing him pull up and hearing a streetbike motor. hah

looks fucking cool though.
thought id share.................
20230724_083916.jpg
20230724_083951.jpg

20230724_084002.jpg

20230724_083932.jpg
20230724_083924.jpg
20230724_083924 (1).jpg

PussyGetter got some miles on her at the BLGT Cinders Takeover.
i also decided i wanted to get stuck in a spot against a tree, that would make it impossible to be pulled out of withOUT tearign my pass side bedside to pieces.

all in all............... FUCK THIS THING IF IM DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN DRIVING ON FLAT DIRT ROADS. and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. the. cinders.!!!!

Willis thinks it needs gears cause he swears when he drove it on the street, it seemed to have a little bit of power. at least the type of power an old junkyard 302 would have in a completely gutted and caged to be as lightwight as possible.

but fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this thing just bogs down!!

im sure ill write more about this when papa and i drive to McNeil tomorrow morning to pick up a new bedside that Travis got me hooked up with. not saying it was free or anything, but he helped me get the right one for the cheapest price)

20230902_081041.jpg

20230902_123736.jpg

20230902_123821.jpg
20230902_123802.jpg

20230903_072236.jpg

20230903_072301.jpg

At least Brog seemed to have a blast out there, he was real proud to get to ride around in it for a bit.

At least Brog seemed to have a blast out there, he was real proud to get to ride around in it for a bit.

Really? it seemed like he wasn't having fun in it. actually, the only time it seems like he likes it is "when we go really fast!" he says. haha. which was only for about a combined maybe 30 minutes over the weekend. haha

anyways, papa wins again for being the best dad in the universe. HE drove me to McNeil yesterday to get a bedside from Travis. phoenix to El Centro and back. 345am till about 4 in the afternoon we were in the truck driving. hah

now i just gotta have my painter buddy see if he can find a similar color. kind of a 1 off color i had made forever ago and i have no idea what the shop was. Steve doesn't have the can from when he painted it, either and he said he used every last drop in the gallon i gave him. hah

Last edited:
what does everyone think about gears for this thing?

in the 8.8 for right now at least.
junkyard 302 out of a mustang. drives VERY MINIMAL on the street. even then no freeway driving.
mostly it'll be the dunes and desert stuff.

also, round about price for a set of gears? any recommendations for shops or places to get them/do them in AZ?

What size tire and which transmission? Either way I guess I'd go deep, 5.71 is your limit I believe. 6.14 used to be made if you can find a set.

What size tire and which transmission? Either way I guess I'd go deep, 5.71 is your limit I believe. 6.14 used to be made if you can find a set.

C6 and 35s

yeah, i was gonna say how deep can i go, since i wont need freeway//high top speeds

hit up Kevin he is in Arizona now. have Adam give you his number

who are you again? and.......... adam......? CleanDezDoucheMagoosh Adam? i dont even know if there's another Adam that i know. ha

and who's Kevin?

Out of overdrive and 35s my truck with 5.13s is tolerable on the freeway for short stints for sure but left me wanting a bit more in the dunes. Dirt only I still say 5.71.

Go the lowest possible gear you can get for your rear axle. I would run a 6.0 or the like but that would need a 9" rearend to go that low.

Try 4 Wheel Parts in Glendale, Az. I used to work there, and they also have 3 year parts and labor warranty you can add on. 5.13s work pretty good in my Ranger and youll probably spend around $1k for rebuild kit, gears and install.

C6 and 35s

yeah, i was gonna say how deep can i go, since i wont need freeway//high top speeds

who are you again? and.......... adam......? CleanDezDoucheMagoosh Adam? i dont even know if there's another Adam that i know. ha

and who's Kevin?
you old fuck its corey with clean-dezert. did the car hit you that hard.

Kevin Lawrence @lowrancemotorsports up near Preskitt now

oh yeah, duh. that kevin. hah. okie dokie, smanks!

Go the lowest possible gear you can get for your rear axle. I would run a 6.0 or the like but that would need a 9" rearend to go that low.
yeah, thats what i figured. 6.0 would need to be a 9" which i aint got NUNS mullaa foooooooo right noww

Try 4 Wheel Parts in Glendale, Az. I used to work there, and they also have 3 year parts and labor warranty you can add on. 5.13s work pretty good in my Ranger and youll probably spend around $1k for rebuild kit, gears and install.
okie dokie
thanks man

you old fuck its corey with clean-dezert. did the car hit you that hard.
DO NOT FUCKING YELL AT THE OLD, DISABLED, AND HANDI-fuckedup GUY PLEASE.
IT HURTS MY UUUUUUURS.

feel bad now.

literally just called them..........

the asshole on the other end goes:
"whats the year make and model your looking for gears?"

i said "its just an 8.8 axle out of a ford explorer, maybe a 94 or 95? cant you just look it up by the axle?"

4 wheel parts asshole "yeah but i need the year, make, and model"

Jakey "i honestly dont know the year, its out of a ford explorer and..."

4 wheel parts asshole "oh oh its out of a ford, yeah we cant do that. we only do Jeeps"

Jakey "oh. shit. ok, well can't you just sell me the gears and ill get them installed elsewhere?"

4 wheel parts asshole "no. we only sell jeep parts, LIKE I SAID"

Jakey "oh ummmmmmmmm? oh ok then nevermind"

4 wheel parts asshole "CLICK"

then he probably had to go watch a video of me doing things that ill get in trouble for saying on here.

fuck them

i said "its just an 8.8 axle out of a ford explorer, maybe a 94 or 95? cant you just look it up by the axle?"

4 wheel parts asshole "oh oh its out of a ford, yeah we cant do that. we only do Jeeps"

Jakey "oh. shit. ok, well can't you just sell me the gears and ill get them installed elsewhere?"

then he probably had to go watch a video of me doing things that ill get in trouble for saying on here.

fuck them
What a fuckin dumbass. They absolutely do not only work on Jeeps. Sorry to hear about that shit experience. They should want to try to sell you parts, and they absolutely have gears and install kits for 8.8s, yours is most likely 31 spline.

fuck them
As most of us feel for the guy on the other end of the call knowing how you were actually talking to him…. Lol

Last edited:
Gears in the truck just spun out to 4.5 turns of the driveshaft, per one complete tire rotation.

Just jacking it up and spinning the tires and counting the rotations BS.
Papa and I just counted.
Welded spider gears too.

Definitely needs lower gears. You can go 5.13 with the 8.8 or manual up and swap in a 9in with 6.0 gears.

Back