Brad and Rusty Red

SByota

I have been spending money on old trucks since the early 2000’s. Been around for desertrides, dezertrangers (RIP) and of course race desert. I’m in Ventura CA and try to make the trek to the desert whenever possible.

Currently have a 99 Tacoma (Rusty Red) I picked up moderately built, but heavily abused/neglected.

Rebuilt most of it and added 4wd. Working on the interior cage now.

8E6B7E2D-E5F0-450F-9A01-80184341D9DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, working on the interior/engine cage now. I’ll eventually paint it too. I’ve had it like 18 months now. Rebuilt the whole front end/shocks, built bed cage/bedside mounts, H70 springs. Sequoia rear axle, 5.29 gears new steering rack, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal…..the list goes on.

When I got it.

7B696BD6-BA93-4C56-837C-84A57232E90C.jpeg

Yep, working on the interior/engine cage now. I’ll eventually paint it too. I’ve had it like 18 months now. Rebuilt the whole front end/shocks, built bed cage/bedside mounts, H70 springs. Sequoia rear axle, 5.29 gears new steering rack, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal…..the list goes on.

When I got it.

View attachment 5357
ahhh gotcha! sounds like youve been busy!

You gunna make it out to KOH ?

Yep, looks like I’ll be headed out Friday morning with @the bodj I’m staying through Monday. KOH is my one guaranteed trip every year, wife approved.

Back