My old K5

I'm lazy. I just convert 3d to 2d in my head for simple stuff and draw it quickly. I messed with the sheet metal tools a few times for flattening stuff and unless it's a complicated design or I'm too lazy to figure out the geometry I tend to skip it.

Solidworks for the dash is mostly to save time cutting all the holes for the components and it saves time on making edges nice. I spent my whole life making panels by hand with a marker and a tape measure. Drawing everything in cad and then suffering thru making the real life version work seems inefficient unless I needed mass production of this.

After the front panel is made and fitted I will make the side fillers. Then I will make a few mounts to attach to the cage to support it. Eventually some seams will get welded and ground for a nicer look. Not sure if I'll powder coat it yet. All of this may change due to me not liking it or ADD. Lol.

Totally get that! Let me know next time you’re in Vegas would be great to catch up

More done today. Mirrors, rear cargo hold downs, some dash stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpeg
    IMG_5183.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5184.jpeg
    IMG_5184.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5180.jpeg
    IMG_5180.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5179.jpeg
    IMG_5179.jpeg
    479.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5178.jpeg
    IMG_5178.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5174.jpeg
    IMG_5174.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5172.jpeg
    IMG_5172.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5173.jpeg
    IMG_5173.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 18
Quick update. Been waiting for parts but one thing I'm not waiting on is harnesses.

I ordered some custom Crow harnesses from SDHQ yesterday morning, and received them today. These are gray with black hardware, and a dog bone sewn into the upper belts for use with a HNR.

Attachments

• IMG_5215.jpeg
    IMG_5215.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 20
Quick update. Been waiting for parts but one thing I'm not waiting on is harnesses.

I ordered some custom Crow harnesses from SDHQ yesterday morning, and received them today. These are gray with black hardware, and a dog bone sewn into the upper belts for use with a HNR.
What's the strap width on those?

More stuff from SDHQ today. I ordered a bunch of KC Cyclones for interior lights. Clear for when the door opens, red for being able to see the interior while driving with minimal loss of night vision.

Attachments

• IMG_5245.jpeg
    IMG_5245.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 18
Maybe I'm missing something but does the front end have coilovers yet?

No, front end is a factory style coil and a 3" bypass.

After I get the wiring and engine swap sorted, and get to use it for a while I plan to upgrade the suspension. Plans are to eventually ibeam swap the front, build a wider 40 spline floater for the rear, install modern longer leaf springs, run a 3.0 Fox bypass in the rear, a 3.0 Fox coilover in the front, and convert the front end back to a squarebody look.

The old suspension and rear axle will go under my Yellow C10.

Seats showed up from SDHQ/PRP.

I also remembered I will eventually put 40s on it so I had to change my plans for the spare. Looks like the original angle mount I planned is what I'll have to do but offset a couple inches so I can fit a cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 10
Back