Texas Mall Crawler

Bakoholmes

Hey Y'all,

Love that you are trying to bring back forums! I've learned so much over the years from these type of a sites and FB groups have been a horrible substitute. Anyway I live outside of Austin, Texas (Leander) and have been addicted to anything with an engine or wheels my whole life. I've tried to shake the addiction a couple times but it never really goes away.

Heard about the site from a kid with a bad ass Ranger on a Terra Crew Video. Had to check it out. I have a couple projects that may be of interest to the Bad Lines Good Times crew.

First a 1972 Chevy K20 that I bought stock and built in to a inappropriate rock crawler (at least thats the comments it gets). It's got a 400 sbc crate engine from Blue Print, 7" Lift from Off Road Design, Lockers, and 37" KM3s. Have only taken it Rock Crawling once since completed, spends most of it's time taking my kids to the park or on donut runs. The body is fairly clean, so I don't really want to bang it up on the rocks in Texas. Hope to take it to Moab at some point.

IMG_1319.jpeg

765D0645-ABC5-4991-8B95-5C777543959A.JPG

IMG_2861.jpeg

Because the Chevy was "too nice", didn't have 4 seats, and whatever else I came up with to justify the purchase I picked up an abandoned 1985 4runner project off of Marketplace. The seller was an awesome dude, just lost interest in the project. I completely understand where he was at, I dumped too unfinished projects earlier in the year and was ready for something new. It had a lot of work already done to it. 5.3, 4l80, 203/205 doubler, Dana 60s, and a Cage. It wasn't running and my buddy Matt got it running again. Then it was hot as F all summer so it didn't get much attention. Right now I'm trying to get it back on the road and build a nice driver that I can take the whole family out to the local off road parks. Pretty stoked about the project. Have always loved 1st Gen 4runners.

IMG_5462.jpeg

IMG_5486.jpeg

Also have a 1971 GMC 2wd that I want to build into a prerunner/go fast rig. It's pretty thrashed, but I got it cheap. Would be fun to have something I wanted to take to the dunes in Oklahoma.

IMG_1596.jpeg

RAD!

Thanks for joining dude. That Toyota looks beafy with those big tires on it.

I do agree... Chevy is too nice to mess up haha.

Did you install the motor in the chevy? curious your experience with blue print? I am currently looking at a 383 from them for a classic truck i am working on.

RAD!

Thanks for joining dude. That Toyota looks beafy with those big tires on it.

I do agree... Chevy is too nice to mess up haha.
I was pretty stoked on how the 40s look on the 4runner, hopefully I can make them functional. If not I can through the 37s it came with back on for serious playing.

The paint on the 72 looks better in pics than in real life, but it's pretty straight. I'm itching to take it out again, but don't have any plans.

Did you install the motor in the chevy? curious your experience with blue print? I am currently looking at a 383 from them for a classic truck i am working on.
I bought the 400 from summit and it was at my house a few days later. Knock on wood, no issues so far. The Holley Sniper I'm running on it has been more of a pain than the 400. The best part of the engine is the sound. It's hard to beat the chop of a hot small block.

Back