Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

bhahaha

Anyone with a 2.9 in motor will be placed on a 30-day hold we can call it a " safe space "... for making me set up the roof top tent fireside and then not sleeping in it.

Then sleeping on the ground next to your shitbox haha
I will say, that first nights sleep was titties. I felt as though it was too much glamping so I needed a balance. Plus, I didn’t want to hear cheeks slapping.. things were getting weird lmao

I will say, that first nights sleep was titties. I felt as though it was too much glamping so I needed a balance. Plus, I didn’t want to hear cheeks slapping.. things were getting weird lmao
bhahaha

glad that the empty tent wasn't taken as an open invite for said cheek slapping 😂

Wife and I drove out to spend Saturday with everyone. She hung out with the ladies and I went on a short run with Derek and his 4runner to the koi(less) pond. Hit some really fun sections, and the truck was working great. I plan on raising the front end a bit and maybe speeding up the front rebound a tad, but will probably not touch it before the next desert trip.

Only issues is a slow leak in the front pass tire, and a loose power wire to the switch panel on the center console, so I didn’t have bumper lights for night driving.

Attachments

• 8795588A-A00C-4ABD-9625-B866E2091ADC.jpeg
    8795588A-A00C-4ABD-9625-B866E2091ADC.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 38
  • 24B4E37F-6939-47D0-BD44-6B996F9AECBF.jpeg
    24B4E37F-6939-47D0-BD44-6B996F9AECBF.jpeg
    632.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 12B9D93E-1B27-42B6-97EF-BC116B29EE82.jpeg
    12B9D93E-1B27-42B6-97EF-BC116B29EE82.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 35
Stoked to see your truck but I'm not even sure I even said hi to you... I was able to say hi to your wife during the girl party when I had to rummage through all of the mess in there to find my chili ingredients! She looked like she was having a blast.

Stoked to see your truck but I'm not even sure I even said hi to you... I was able to say hi to your wife during the girl party when I had to rummage through all of the mess in there to find my chili ingredients! She looked like she was having a blast.

Haha yeah it's all good. It was good having the girls get together! She was pretty apprehensive about being around a bunch of people she doesn't know, so that was a good way to break the ice lol

Picked up some new to me bumps from @GahnRacing (2.5x4” that I’ll be shortening down to 2ish) to replace the FOAs I have currently, and got some 350# springs from ADS, so I’ll be getting those on some time this week or next. Gahn included cans with the bumps, but I really don’t want to cut my old cans out unless I really have to. I know the kings use the top of their bumps as their hard stop, but can I use this lip, like how the FOAs are? This is all assuming they’re the same lengths from the lip to strike pad. Here is what I currently have, and the lip on the king bumps I’m talking about.

Attachments

• C6340823-BF76-468E-A1C6-8461A6AEB05E.jpeg
    C6340823-BF76-468E-A1C6-8461A6AEB05E.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 7B295760-DD89-4F1C-ABF5-55AC80F6973F.jpeg
    7B295760-DD89-4F1C-ABF5-55AC80F6973F.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 26
I personally would weld an end onto your bump cans to mount wings with the top of essentially making your cans already on the truck like the king cans provided

You can also have a snap ring groove cut into the body. Radflo did that years ago and it failed under extreme situations since snap ring would expand and pop out the groove. They fixed that issue with a small recessed ring that would slide over body and snap ring so the snap ring can expand out of the groove. Fixed that issue and an option for you BUT you would need to have a large lathe or take to machine shop and pay for that to get done. External snap ring with a square groove in body would possibly work as well. Something like this possibly. Machine shop would know what size ring would be best for you.

Snap Rings, 18-8 Stainless Steel, for 2-1/2" OD

Last edited:
So the blue lip on the king Bump is what you are talking about correct?

If so then I'd say yes. The tension on the can with along with that should be plenty strong. I think King's style of can is best but if you aren't planning on racing the thing then you'll be fine.

So the blue lip on the king Bump is what you are talking about correct?

If so then I'd say yes. The tension on the can with along with that should be plenty strong. I think King's style of can is best but if you aren't planning on racing the thing then you'll be fine.
Yes that’s what I’m talking about. The lip is chamfered slightly, which makes me nervous for it’s holding strength. I’ll have to see how time works out before KOH

I would throw a couple weld beads where top of bump is inside the can and tighten pinch bolts. Also I would install bump compressed and charge after tightening pinch bolts to ensure the bump is still round and piston moves freely. Seen pinch bolts tighten too much and after compressing the bump wouldn't extend. Also paying a machine shop to cut 2 grooves and $30 worth of snap rings is cheap and easy for wanting to upgrade parts that don't directly bolt in

Back