Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

Today was big day though!!! Got the brake lines ran and all fittings tight. Couldn’t fill it with fluid and bleed because Amazon took too long getting the proportioning valve and line lock to me. Figured out some electrical junk so now everything works (except blower motor because it went out), and got it to start! The only issue I had was a fuel line wasn’t tight enough so it pissed some gas. After I got that tightened she fired right up! No check engine light or anything. Only ABS and Seat Belt lights. Swapped springs in the back so it’s now 16” 350 over 16” 350 with some preload and the ride height is way better. I couldn’t help myself but get strapped in and give ‘er some revs.
View attachment 3036View attachment 3037
Dude Congrats! that's some huge steps. When and where you planning on going on the first shake down run? maybe I can cruise out and get some photos/video of this beast in action

Today was big day though!!! Got the brake lines ran and all fittings tight. Couldn’t fill it with fluid and bleed because Amazon took too long getting the proportioning valve and line lock to me. Figured out some electrical junk so now everything works (except blower motor because it went out), and got it to start! The only issue I had was a fuel line wasn’t tight enough so it pissed some gas. After I got that tightened she fired right up! No check engine light or anything. Only ABS and Seat Belt lights. Swapped springs in the back so it’s now 16” 350 over 16” 350 with some preload and the ride height is way better. I couldn’t help myself but get strapped in and give ‘er some revs.
View attachment 3036View attachment 3037
Line lock? For some smoky burnouts?👀

Dude Congrats! that's some huge steps. When and where you planning on going on the first shake down run? maybe I can cruise out and get some photos/video of this beast in action
Thanks E! No clue on its first run. I want to daily it for a couple weeks first to make sure there are no bugs. After that, who knows? I’m down to set something up! Maybe borrow Mikeys trailer?
Line lock? For some smoky burnouts?👀
not unless their front wheel drive burnouts haha. It’s being plumbed to the rear brakes

Napa sent me the wrong steering parts so I’m picking up the right stuff tomorrow morning. I was able to plumb the line lock and proportioning valve in and bleed the brakes. It has good pressure when the engine is off but I can push it to the floor with some effort. Might need to bleed it more or maybe a bigger master cylinder? Not too sure. I’ll see tomorrow if the brakes are grabbing. If they are then I’m going to assume MC is too small. I should be able to get the first drive in before noon tomorrow.

Anyways, filled the shocks with nitrogen and the rear ride height is pretty much perfect. Forgot to snag a picture

Today was big!!!

So, I’m pretty dumb. Turns out Napa has been giving me the right parts, I just had an incorrect driver side tie rod adjuster (passenger and driver sides are different. I didn’t know that and purchased two passenger sides lol). Anyways, I now have half the items needed to have a spare steering set that I’ll get set to the proper lengths and keep on the truck if I bend steering so it’s a quick swap.

Anyways, extended the new adjuster, got it on the truck with an eyeball alignment, did a once over on the nuts and bolts, bled the power steering, and hit the road! Had my mom follow me in my Silverado in case I needed a tow back, and we did a lap around the neighborhood, communicating with the race radios. All went well, so I ate lunch and drove over to the FabLab to show Mikey and Jesse. Left from there and decided to hit a little dirt trail since everything felt good. I’m very impressed with how it feels! Front valving is set per Dialed Shock Prep, and the back is standard king 15/12 that I haven’t touched yet. Front felt a bit stiff but I think it’s because of the springs I have. I’m going to swap them out and that should drop my ride height a bit as well. Anyways, got back home without any issues, so today was definitely a successful day! I’m very proud of the truck and excited to finish the fiberglass, fix the camber and alignment, and rack up the dirt miles!

B125A36D-0B22-4D0A-BB41-7F6107B606C8.jpeg6CF2D7E7-42C0-4293-8F5F-123CCA2D03EF.jpegA921E11B-0C84-4603-8CBC-9186C1AC3C39.jpegA6775D09-435A-4383-8F3C-372C79939405.jpeg

No sir! Not going to be doing too much dumb stuff with it lol.

Swapped front springs this morning. Went from 14” 300/ 14” 400 to 14” 300/14” 300, with 1.75” preload (just to get them on the shocks. The top nut isn’t cranked down) and the ride height is perfect. I need to shorten my bumps though. Maybe I’ll get to it tomorrow and rebuild them at the same time. Also tried aligning it a bit more and it’s a bit better now. Front is a bit low here because I backed in

Attachments

• 3B6527B3-C56C-4A0A-AF2D-853913004C11.jpeg
    3B6527B3-C56C-4A0A-AF2D-853913004C11.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 670587AD-0ADE-434E-8472-46C29E4E6ADB.jpeg
    670587AD-0ADE-434E-8472-46C29E4E6ADB.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 47
from the side........ im IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEE. although, i do think you trimmed the bedsides up a tad bit too high, at least the wheel well part.
looking again though, maybe once its painted it'll flow better in my mind?
there might be a legitimate reason for it, that i skimmed over somewhere. otherwise.... im not sure if you could make it look cooler from the side (for an S10 that is. hehe)

CURRENTLY, from the front......... ill keep my mouth shut.
what kind of bumper to you plan for it? just a basic bumper with no "push bar" / "light hoop", or do you plan on doing something like that?

Yup, coolest S10/Sonoma ever. Can't wait to see what you do for the front bumper.
from the side........ im IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEE. although, i do think you trimmed the bedsides up a tad bit too high, at least the wheel well part.
looking again though, maybe once its painted it'll flow better in my mind?
there might be a legitimate reason for it, that i skimmed over somewhere. otherwise.... im not sure if you could make it look cooler from the side (for an S10 that is. hehe)

CURRENTLY, from the front......... ill keep my mouth shut.
what kind of bumper to you plan for it? just a basic bumper with no "push bar" / "light hoop", or do you plan on doing something like that?
I'll probably get to the front bumper later this week or sometime next week. Just a generic tube style bumper. I really liked the one I had on my blazer, so I may try to recreate that (as far as the skid plate goes, with a bend). No light hoop or push bars. Probably plated frame horns. NO FREAKING VALENCE. I hate them lol

As for the bedside cutouts - that's everything I had to remove to get them to clear at bump and articulation. I wish I didn't have to go so high, but such is life. I have the paint in my shopping cart. Once they're painted, I'll be herculining everything below the body line, the top of the bedside rails, and maybe around the arches? Around the arches isn't my favorite, but it'll be helpful stopping rock chips.

I'll probably get to the front bumper later this week or sometime next week. Just a generic tube style bumper. I really liked the one I had on my blazer, so I may try to recreate that (as far as the skid plate goes, with a bend). No light hoop or push bars. Probably plated frame horns. NO FREAKING VALENCE. I hate them lol

As for the bedside cutouts - that's everything I had to remove to get them to clear at bump and articulation. I wish I didn't have to go so high, but such is life. I have the paint in my shopping cart. Once they're painted, I'll be herculining everything below the body line, the top of the bedside rails, and maybe around the arches? Around the arches isn't my favorite, but it'll be helpful stopping rock chips.

first time you've made a post that I(Jakey) completely agree with and love everything you said, you said you're going to do, and just everything. haha

Got new tires today! Huuuge improvement over the mud terrains. I was actually fairly disappointed at how not comfortable the truck was to daily drive. It was loud, vibrated a ton, and overall sucked. Not with the new Yokohama Geolander X-AT! These things are killer! Incredibly smooth, quiet, look great… I can’t wait to get some miles on them! I’m going to try and get it aligned tomorrow or Thursday to help preserve them as much as I can, but even with the poor alignment, they drive soooo nice.

Front end looks low in the picture because I backed up and have too much toe-in and beams.

Attachments

• 1ABA1841-23BC-4C94-A464-F478EB5B8884.jpeg
    1ABA1841-23BC-4C94-A464-F478EB5B8884.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 879DD9B8-96DC-464A-95D4-8C8EACD3D097.jpeg
    879DD9B8-96DC-464A-95D4-8C8EACD3D097.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 0063F4BB-AA07-4F5F-B0C2-A32EA2974A18.jpeg
    0063F4BB-AA07-4F5F-B0C2-A32EA2974A18.jpeg
    504.1 KB · Views: 27
Got new tires today! Huuuge improvement over the mud terrains. I was actually fairly disappointed at how not comfortable the truck was to daily drive. It was loud, vibrated a ton, and overall sucked. Not with the new Yokohama Geolander X-AT! These things are killer! Incredibly smooth, quiet, look great… I can’t wait to get some miles on them! I’m going to try and get it aligned tomorrow or Thursday to help preserve them as much as I can, but even with the poor alignment, they drive soooo nice.

Front end looks low in the picture because I backed up and have too much toe-in and beams.
You do you, but I bet Mikey could help get you a better alignment then any shop. My tires have all lasted a long time just doing it myself all of these years.

You do you, but I bet Mikey could help get you a better alignment then any shop. My tires have all lasted a long time just doing it myself all of these years.
You're right. He did let me use his alignment bar dealio and it helped, but I definitely need to spend a bit more time dialing it in.

You're right. He did let me use his alignment bar dealio and it helped, but I definitely need to spend a bit more time dialing it in.
I've never used an alignment tool. Just have your lady or friend drive it backwards and forwards until it just lifts a little going forward and lowers a little going backwards. And just for reference I've only had 2 sets of tires on the Ranger in the 10 years I've owned it. Never had the tires wear improperly. Probably had put about 60k miles on the truck.

yeah, i've never had an "alignment shop" or "professional shop" place do an alignment on ANY of my off-road trucks. fuck that.

it's not hard at all. as long as you have 1 other person who can just hold a tape measure, in the exact same spot, continuously over and over abotu 3 or 4 times, you can get it more dead on than any shop.

Dont quote me but, I think i would always set my tires to be 1/8" toed in?

Are those 35's?

You going to tell them to align to 95 bronco specs?

That would be a fun time to try to get it to meet the S10 specs :D

Back