Local Legend Don't Call It An S10

You do you boo boo

Even Tommy's truck was 60%. I want to be able to gas it and keep the front end light.

But I'm more so asking about the pinion numbers lol.

I wondered where you went to, progress is looking good. My antisquat numbers are low and I love it

Maybe I got lucky or maybe my trucks about to fail but with long links there’s a lot of room for error. Just set up your instant center at the front bumper or even forward so the truck will squat or wheelie under acceleration.
I have a ton of pinion change and driveshaft plunge on mine. Fuck it.

I wondered where you went to, progress is looking good. My antisquat numbers are low and I love it

Yeah I like how your truck handles, so I'd like something similar.

Maybe I got lucky or maybe my trucks about to fail but with long links there’s a lot of room for error. Just set up your instant center at the front bumper or even forward so the truck will squat or wheelie under acceleration.
I have a ton of pinion change and driveshaft plunge on mine. Fuck it.

Apples to oranges, I believe. I'm using a 1 piece driveshaft, so all my slip is at the trans, and I'm limited to like 2 or 2.5". My driveshaft is also going to be about 60" long, so I need the longer links to keep the arcs closer together. I also have these numbers ran for shorter (49") lower links that, if they'll work without changing DS length too much, would help a ton. The 55" lowers put the link mounts right at my C pillar cage mounts so I'd have to finagle that. I'm just going to tack up a bunch of scrap tabs and cycle to see which length works better. The shorter link would also put me at a better motion ratio. DS length change is the big question right now.

For my reference, use the last posted numbers with the 49" long lowers. According to solidworks I'll only have 0.71" DS length change throughout the 20" of travel (10" up and 10" down). With the 55" lower links I would have 2.21" DS length change through the same travel. Just need to draw the frame side upper link mounts and I can start tacking and cycling.

Got the upper link frame mounts done. Stoked with them. Looking at them, they seem a bit short (fore and aft), so I may add a longer overlay plate on the frame to distribute the load more. Maybe I’m overthinking it?

3EE4DD72-FFA4-4343-B738-4C2FAD6AFEC0.jpeg48252415-C740-4011-AEB9-5C3B9B2E8751.jpeg53EF8090-71CF-4F9F-8174-B4FE080409AA.jpeg1EC0B5D7-54AF-4579-88F9-BC4F890436BC.jpegC7BBD7A8-CD92-4CB5-8C7D-0696BE34FCA9.jpegC11EB852-FDE8-4B45-A290-573C6B0505AE.jpegB4711EC6-1BE5-440D-9A93-9CAE45C72787.jpegAF8DD830-64EE-494D-8805-367C9533763E.jpeg

Snagged this at a garage sale today for $400. Not fully loaded, but came with SAE and Metric snap on wrenches, snap on, matco, and knipex pliers, blue point scan tool, hammers, snap on punches and pliers, some various air tools… pretty stoked.
F4FF42F2-7F6C-4668-BFED-74BB92916B7C.jpeg

Link mounts look good. I would run a tube around the bolt head and then a tube angled from that junction forward to trans crossmember. I have seen upper link mounts crack in the past and a simple tube forward prevents that. My Tacoma I have the mounts go forward into the carrier bearing crossmember to bax it in and prevent for/aft movement.

Link mounts look good. I would run a tube around the bolt head and then a tube angled from that junction forward to trans crossmember. I have seen upper link mounts crack in the past and a simple tube forward prevents that. My Tacoma I have the mounts go forward into the carrier bearing crossmember to bax it in and prevent for/aft movement.
That’sa good idea. I’ll have to see how room is with the exhaust in

That's an awesome deal on the tool box!
Yeah I'm pretty stoked on it. It's in the place of a HF 4 drawer roller chest that didn't have close to enough room. I started getting tools swapped over, so I'll be able to get things a bit more organized. I'm looking for a shop space right now, so not spending too much time organizing things lol

Got all the mounts tacked up. I goofed up a bit and didn't cut the axle side upper mounts shorter like I had planned, and I'm going to raise the frame side upper mounts another 1.25". I realized how far off I was when I measured like 5+degrees of pinion change at 12" of bump lol. Once I get them corrected I should be at 1.11degrees at bump and 0.96degrees at droop. It'll help keep the upper axle mounts from ripping off, too. I made them long on purpose so I could cut them down as needed. I just forgot to cut them lol.

The teaching year is finishing up in a few weeks. Then I have a bit over a full week before flying to Ohio to get married. So I should get a lot done to the truck in that time. Hoping I can build all the links and maybe get a tube stubbed out of the rear firewall that I can get coilover mounts built off. That way I can have it sitting on it's own weight before leaving for the wedding/honeymoon, and I can know my physical constraints for building the rectangular tube frame when I return.

Anyone have any 2.5x16" kings for sale or trade+cash (from me) for my brand new 14s?

1652986342793.png

1652986353228.png

Anyways, messed with the both frame and axle side upper link mounts and got the pinion change down to 1 degree at 12" bump. I theoretically have 4" of clearance between the lower link frame mounts and the ground at full bump. I need to pull the wheels to check droop numbers pinion change, but it should be the same. Talked to Mikey last night at the Badlinegoodtimes taco night at Sapwi bike park, and I'll be doing a ghetto fixed yolk at the trans by drilling and tapping the trans output shaft so I don't have to worry much about slip, which is somehow 1.5" from ride height to bump when I thought it would be half that lol.

1653065213570.png
1653065229701.png
1653065241071.png

1653065257221.png

Had to break out the BFH to make some clearance for the passenger upper link.

1653065296663.png

Here's a profile shot before I moved the upper mounts, so don't mind the link angles. But it's a good representation of wheelbase, and how much tire to cab clearance there is. I think it looks well proportioned, and it's as far as I could move the axle back without needing a two piece driveshaft.

1653065415213.png

Back