1969 bronco

Is that middle tie in to the shock mount necessary? It has that much leverage?
the towers are pretty tall off the frame so there is a good amount of leverage potential. is it overkill? most likely but I would like to build it only once. that is why I set it up for dual shocks too. if I get bypasses someday I won't have to rebuild it all

sorry for the delay. I blew my back out again a few weeks ago and then went to KOH with the jeep, so that stopped all progress. I'm feeling better now now and got started back at it. I havent taken pictures but the tower tie in's are all welded up, got the rear seat mounted, front seats remounted since I changed brands, got all the seat belt tabs positioned and welded up, rear harness bar in and modified the front harness bar to make the rear more accessible for the little ones and the dog.
20240214_165701.jpgcage wise I just a few more small things and then I will be ready to pull it so I can finish weld some things and spray the body for bedliner. slowly getting closer!

some more weekend progress.
20240218_164733.jpg
last bit of frame plating done on one side.
20240218_164749.jpgspeaker cans welded up and welded in and some corner gusset/tie downs welded in 20240218_164710.jpglock tab to be able to lock it in park and you can barely see the transfer case shifter cover is made. just need to put the boot on it

20240218_164725.jpg

b pillar seat diagonals done and cut out the section of rust that was above the sliders and replaced it

more updates!
battery box tray.
20240308_164105.jpg
battery counter sunk under passenger seat
20240309_121936.jpg
exhaust is built and in!
20240310_154335.jpg
20240310_154403.jpgtranscooler mounted20240310_172100.jpg
front bumpstops mounted and brakeline so I can start running the hardlines
20240310_172156.jpg
plated in the backside of the trac bar like I should of from day one.
20240310_172227.jpg
and a boring update of mounting the trans dip stick.
20240310_172243.jpg

holy shit! this thing is gonna move this decade!

Good work dude !

What else is left?
a lot of small odds and ends
next week I should be pulling the cage out to paint it and strip the inside down for raptor liner
prep and paint the body,
plumbing,
wiring
still waiting on the rear bumper to come in
mount the stock fuel tank with a skid
that's about it for the big stuff.
so im guessing may or June it should be moving

a lot of small odds and ends
next week I should be pulling the cage out to paint it and strip the inside down for raptor liner
prep and paint the body,
plumbing,
wiring
still waiting on the rear bumper to come in
mount the stock fuel tank with a skid
that's about it for the big stuff.
so im guessing may or June it should be moving
Let us know when you want to shake down. We’ll head that way or meet in the middle to what not.

Let us know when you want to shake down. We’ll head that way or meet in the middle to what not.
you will forsure be on the first to call list! probably run smiley a few times to work out any bugs. I want to check out smasher too. I need to get it dialed before the fall badlinesgoodtimes sand hallow trip

you will forsure be on the first to call list! probably run smiley a few times to work out any bugs. I want to check out smasher too. I need to get it dialed before the fall badlinesgoodtimes sand hallow trip
Yep. Need to run smiley again after last time with you. And was just talking about smasher with the guys last week. Seems fun, just one tight squeeze to worry about. But I haven’t ran it before.

Back