SGT Crawl (41 Power Wagon)

I am making a buddy a crawler. My part is to take the cab, Superduty axles and a pile of steel and make it a roller.

To start we had to come up with a plan. 2x6 main chassis tubes, 1.75โ€ DOM cage, Superduty Axles, 5.3 Motor, 3L80 trans, 241 case, front radius arm style suspension with coils and shocks. Rear will be a 4 link with coils and shocks. #BFR_Built

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 11.46.56 AM.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg

Well $hit, I learned something new today. I had never heard of Talley, I don't do much in Hemet/San Jacinto even though I am in Sage (far south Hemet) I wonder if they will deliver to me? Down a dirt road? Years ago Competitive Metals had enough of my dirt road and wouldn't deliver to me anymore.

Well $hit, I learned something new today. I had never heard of Talley, I don't do much in Hemet/San Jacinto even though I am in Sage (far south Hemet) I wonder if they will deliver to me? Down a dirt road? Years ago Competitive Metals had enough of my dirt road and wouldn't deliver to me anymore.
Yea, I bet they will. Really good prices and tons of parts. Tabs, heims and stuff. Very responsive on IG page.

I installed the Ruffstuff truss on the rear axle today. I used my heater on full to get the housing up to 400 ish degrees before welding it up. After I welded it up I put more heat to it and then wrapped it in a blanket. Should be good.

IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2615.jpeg
IMG_2616.jpeg
IMG_2621.jpeg

5.3 Motor that I made some head plates for. These will be used to mount the engine into the rolling cart I made. The goal is to make it easy to replicate this build with other bodies.

IMG_2687.jpeg

Motor and travs mocked up. I still have some adjustments to make.

IMG_2697.jpeg
IMG_2719.jpeg

Back