What do you do for work ?

How long does a trip to China take?
It's typically a 35 day round trip with the companys I work with. Theres other stops along the way of course.

So what's your opinion on the longshoremen in SP? haha I have a lot of friends and family in Pedro so I hear all about it.
As long as they get us off the dock in time with as little headache as possible, While I see them face to face, I typically dont deal directly with them. Ill have things handled through the bosses and just check their work.

My wife is a Captain now. Graduated from Cal Maritime in 2008 I believe... She's in-between jobs but looking into a Pilot Program.
I remember talking to you about this. I was CMA class of 2013. Piloting is an awesome gig. Not sure if I'd ever want to do it, but it's definitely impressive how they can work a ship.

I'm a licensed professional civil and mechanical engineer. I worked in seismic design for MEP and fire systems for 10 years and now work for the yellow tool company focusing on structural fasteners.

I used to build some shit out of metal to pay for college and plan to get back to that some day.

I work for the Animal Science Dept. at UC Davis in northern Ca. I manage our Meat lab where we have a USDA inspected kill floor where we slaughter approximately 300 pigs, 150 lambs and 75-100 beef cattle per year. From there the rest of the plant is is inspected by CDFA and we either sell the carcasses to other butcher shops or grocery stores or I teach Meat Sci students how to kill, fab, process, grade & market the meat we produce which is a byproduct of teaching and research.

Pretty cool gig, I am the only full time employee and I have 5-6 student employees and a couple classes I teach so I use my employees like TA's to help me in the lab settings and often time use my lab students as slave labor to get shit killed/cut and out the door. We have a small retail store that's open Thursday & Friday afternoons where we sell to the public and have approximately 200 walk in customers a week.

Some day I may open my own shop if my carpul tunnel isn't too bad by then, had my first hand done when I was 28 and my other is getting bad. Been doing this for 16 years.

View attachment 5638View attachment 5639View attachment 5641

PETA likes this....

fucking legend....

I disappear for long periods of time to drive really big boats.
If you order something from amazon that was made in china, I probably brought it.
View attachment 5642View attachment 5643
sounds like a party... how often do you delete a container? whats the protoctol, are you like boss.... look shit got gnarls barkley out there we lost all of row 10 😬

sounds like a party... how often do you delete a container? whats the protoctol, are you like boss.... look shit got gnarls barkley out there we lost all of row 10 😬
Yeah seriously I have seen videos of those containers falling off in rough seas, are they strapped down?

If we start seeing containers disappear over the side its a bad day all around. I've been in some pretty nasty weather, but nothing bad enough to toss a can away.

Yeah seriously I have seen videos of those containers falling off in rough seas, are they strapped down?
Theyre all attached in vertical stacks, then down to the hatch cover.

On some of the ships that stack them 6-7 high, you will actually see the whole stacks shifting left and right as we roll

If we start seeing containers disappear over the side its a bad day all around. I've been in some pretty nasty weather, but nothing bad enough to toss a can away.

Theyre all attached in vertical stacks, then down to the hatch cover.

On some of the ships that stack them 6-7 high, you will actually see the whole stacks shifting left and right as we roll
if you toss one make sure it goes far enough to land on my property in ocotillo. K THanks.

A whole container of rma'd dildos. Have fun picking those up!
Great stocking stuffers for the next 10 years
so as i mentioned my job is working for a company that measures office buildings. In my younger years when i actually did the measuring, i was in a building in downtown LA. walked into a suite and thought nothing of it. Went into 1 office and every inch of the walls in the office was dildos in the package hanging. I believe they either made them, or designed the packaging. My Mormon boss ran out of there so fast.

I work for company called SCW contracting.we specialize in fabrication of structural steel and waste water infrastructure .
I work as a diesel mechanic been doing it for about 4 years come may. My job gets interesting because we have so many different types of equipment that range from forklifts to 100t mobile cranes along with dirt side equipment that go from bobcats to loaders and excavators.

I currently offer mobile detailing services throughout Ventura county. (Simi valley/Thousand Oaks area). Interior details, wax's, paint sealants, paint corrections, ceramic coatings. I can do it all! I work with my buddy Dylan who owns the company. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. My dream job is to be a firefighter.

I currently offer mobile detailing services throughout Ventura county. (Simi valley/Thousand Oaks area). Interior details, wax's, paint sealants, paint corrections, ceramic coatings. I can do it all! I work with my buddy Dylan who owns the company. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. My dream job is to be a firefighter.

Nice! I’ve been following Dylan’s page for a bit now.

Ok... I'll bite... Most of you know what I do. But for those that don't, I do things and stuff. And if you have to come in contact with me in my professional capacity just know that somewhere in your choices in life, ya done fucked up and it's only gonna get worse from there.... Lol

Also, me and the wife run a 501c3 Non-profit Dog Rescue out of my house. Started as a small thing then we would literally have dogs dumped on our doorstep. Since we've been doing this we have saved over 475 dogs from being put down or discarded out in the field and have found them their forever homes.

Last edited:
Back