Sequoia Family Crawler

Any concern with manifold heat melting/distorting the poly?

Some day I’ll get beyond CAD-1 (cardboard aided design) and bump up to CAD-2 (computer aided design) 🤣

I sure hope the poly holds up , the manifold has a metallic heat shield that should knock down the heat a bit but we'll see if it holds up to a day of duning. Ironically I got my upper link figured out and it nestles in behind the mount so it probably didn't need to be that high.

I have never seen lock washers used in my professional aerospace career, nor in heavy machinery and automotive maintenance. Seems like Chinamazon Freight is the only proponent of them and I'd rather not side with those commies. Are you a commie Jake?

I sure hope the poly holds up , the manifold has a metallic heat shield that should knock down the heat a bit but we'll see if it holds up to a day of duning. Ironically I got my upper link figured out and it nestles in behind the mount so it probably didn't need to be that high.

I have never seen lock washers used in my professional aerospace career, nor in heavy machinery and automotive maintenance. Seems like Chinamazon Freight is the only proponent of them and I'd rather not side with those commies. Are you a commie Jake?
professional aro what??? aroJizz? what?!?!?
i have a shirt that says i luve commiefornia! is that what you speak of??!?!?

(i apologize for clogging your thread with pointless nonsense that does no help to you in anyway/shape/or m$%wm. elohel)

The Poly will hold up fine. I only melted bushings on a SBC on my old race truck because the block hugger headers we literaly touching the motor mount tabs on the engine side of the mount.

professional aro what??? aroJizz? what?!?!?
i have a shirt that says i luve commiefornia! is that what you speak of??!?!?

(i apologize for clogging your thread with pointless nonsense that does no help to you in anyway/shape/or m$%wm. elohel)

Jake,

This guy works on top secret shit.

If I remember correctly, most recently. This little guy.

So, shut your cock port with your 4th grade jizz talk.

-Management

Jake holds a special place in my heart as he has faced more adversity in his life than I have my a long shot and came through it with his head held high so even though he may be a commie that spews the occasional nonsense it's all good.

That one's not top secret E, the photos wouldn't be that clear lol.

The rear is getting a dual triangulated 4-link with 14in coilovers mounted on trailing arms. The frame is in the way of everything and the body doesn't fit 40s where I want them bumped out at. I'm itching to start on it but am holding off until the front is complete.

Something behind the axle for sure, haven't really dug into it yet. Want big and willing to cut everything to tuck it up high and accommodate width. I've seen a couple F150 tanks but haven't come across the Bronco yet. What's the biggest capacity square tank out there? I'm not opposed to cutting one in half adding a few inches to get 30 gallon capacity but I guess less work would be nice.

Bronco tank is 33 gal. I don't have any of those in stock. You'll want a 1990+ with the single high pressure fuel pump in the tank not the lift pump and high pressure on the frame style like 86-89 ran.

You can have the tank in the photos but will require new sending unit with pickup and high pressure frame mounted pump.

Rough dimensions for ya.
32x22x16 deep

20240808_091748.jpg20240808_091754.jpg20240808_091800.jpg

Last edited:
The mid-90s suburbans had 42 gallon tanks. Even gave them a clean little jeepspeed cell-esque "sweep" for departure angle.
One of my best friends mom drove a red obs suburban when I was young, with the OG dash and orange speedo. I always remember her bitching about how it cost $80 to fill the tank LOL. We would give anything for those fuel prices now

Back