What do you do for work ?

I’m a technician/ fabricator/ project manager at an R&D facility for a manufacturing company in Gilbert. I design shit with CAD, manage full scale process equipment installations, build and repair pipe sections and spools, design and build fixtures and parts, tool and die repair welding. Sometimes I get to yell at contractors and sometimes I get to walk the cup on some 304 pipe 🤷it’s pays
IMG_6697.png

Last edited:
I'm am a senior environmental compliance inspector. Have a crew of 5 that I supervise and partake in festivities from time to time to keep my sanity. Started at the bottom and worked my way up over the past 15 years. See alot of cool stuff and makes my side gig fun ( sometimes). I don't fab full time as many would think. Have contemplated going full time but hard to leave retirement on the the table. Plan start an online store for our machined products when time permits and go full time when I retire.

Went to school to be a high voltage electrician aka lineman, which didn’t pan out the way i thought it would. Ended up at an electrical corporation in the pre-fab department running and operating the welding and fabrication department until I got hired on at Chevron oil refinery in the maintenance department. Now I work in Instrumentation and Electrical so anything from 24v DC to 4160 AC im responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing.

Outside of that I’ve been servicing and tuning shocks for the better part of 10+ years, and really buckled down these past few years in an effort to be able to walk away from my day job to pursue full time self employment. I’m not there yet and the perks of Chevron are hard to walk away from but soon the stars will align and I’ll be back in a shop working for all my customers.

Went to school to be a high voltage electrician aka lineman, which didn’t pan out the way i thought it would. Ended up at an electrical corporation in the pre-fab department running and operating the welding and fabrication department until I got hired on at Chevron oil refinery in the maintenance department. Now I work in Instrumentation and Electrical so anything from 24v DC to 4160 AC im responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing.

Outside of that I’ve been servicing and tuning shocks for the better part of 10+ years, and really buckled down these past few years in an effort to be able to walk away from my day job to pursue full time self employment. I’m not there yet and the perks of Chevron are hard to walk away from but soon the stars will align and I’ll be back in a shop working for all my customers.
hope you make that dream a reality. After working for the same company for 23 years, i sometimes wonder why... While working for yourself is stressful, seems alot more rewarding.

Guess I will play. I’m a Senior Construction Inspector for a consulting engineering outfit. We cover everything from bridges, street resurfacing, water and sewer to FEMA emergency storm clean up. So I watch people, take photos of people working and tell them when they are wrong 😆

Currently a Firefighter Paramedic in the San Diego County area for the last 15 years; before that, I worked at a couple of off-road shops building trucks for other people. Now, I run my race program out of my garage and build decorative metal gates/doors/tables on the side.

I build signs, wraps and trophies, but my shop is closed while I deal with health issues. Things like this amongst other cool stuff.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.33.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.33.14 AM.png
    537.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.35.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.35.30 AM.png
    971.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 279354352_5179557375444431_3047856977478389474_n.jpg
    279354352_5179557375444431_3047856977478389474_n.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 173206933_4011840262216154_596323688773783293_n.jpg
    173206933_4011840262216154_596323688773783293_n.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 8
Semi Professional cab remover….
Aka own and operate a Diesel repair shop.
Leroy's Auto and Truck

My brother in law tried to convince me to do head gaskets on my LB7 without pulling the cab. After screwing with valve cover bolts for 4 hours I pulled the cab in less than 45 minutes. If you can, pulling the cab for major engine work, rear injectors, turbo work, or sometimes even a downpipe is the way.

I'm a train Conductor out of Needles, CA. I usually take trains from there to Winslow, Barstow, Bakersfield, LA, and Berdu.

Over the years I've worked in fab/hotrod shops, done electrical work, electronics repair, airport/farm field work, and owned a few businesses.

Do you know the story behind the multiple train cars that are derailed through the Tehachapi pass? They've been hanging on the side of the hill for almost a year now. curious what's in them.

Do you know the story behind the multiple train cars that are derailed through the Tehachapi pass? They've been hanging on the side of the hill for almost a year now. curious what's in them.

I drove by that every day for 4 mos before I noticed it.

In for the details, was curious about those as well

The cars derailed and it's too much work/money to get them out so that's where they stay. I believe they are all empty.

Most of the time after cars derail they use one of those scrap claw things and just tear them apart to dispose of them.

The cars derailed and it's too much work/money to get them out so that's where they stay. I believe they are all empty.

Most of the time after cars derail they use one of those scrap claw things and just tear them apart to dispose of them.
Makes sense, I used to work environmental services/ HAZMAT response and we contracted with a few different RRs , I always have. Curiosity about RR stuff after being around it for so long

My brother in law tried to convince me to do head gaskets on my LB7 without pulling the cab. After screwing with valve cover bolts for 4 hours I pulled the cab in less than 45 minutes. If you can, pulling the cab for major engine work, rear injectors, turbo work, or sometimes even a downpipe is the way.
GMT800 is the one truck ive never removed cab for repairs. lol

Finished a flat tow setup today on a brand new GMC 1500 diesel. These set ups on newer vehicles with supplemental breaking systems are super complicated with all the electric components now days, but with a week of research I was able to get it figured out. IMG_0635.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

Back