What do you do for work ?

Very interesting to see all the different types of career paths. Thats the cool part about off-roading. Wether you are a weatherman or a mechanical engineer we all like the same stuff!

I have been in the oil and gas industry for 20 years. Currently an operations supervisor and absolutely love it. Even the oil haters are fun to deal with!

Union Glazier but work has been slow last job was at the Clippers arena but I’m working as an apprentice for a close friend that’s a General Contractor in the Rancho Cucamonga Area so if you like high end baths and kitchens I know a guy but actually want to stop both and start my own door and glass company but I’m working on my engineering construction tech degree at the moment after work

I'm an Air Conditioning mechanic for the county of orange for 5 years now. Been a good gig. My coworkers are awesome but the politics get annoying.
i also work for OC county. different division then you.

i work at OCsan where we take all of OC used dirty water and help make it re-drinkable.
senior mechanic. work on all different types of water/solid pumps and large power generated engines using methane gas to run

Attachments

• 20150507_125553.jpg
    20150507_125553.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150711_143719.jpg
    20150711_143719.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20181023_101518.jpg
    20181023_101518.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210122_102958728_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210122_102958728_HDR.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 17
Does anyone here know about pipeline welding I’m about to graduate Highschool and I think that’s what I wanna do or I want to be a power lineman any help?

Does anyone here know about pipeline welding I’m about to graduate Highschool and I think that’s what I wanna do or I want to be a power lineman any help?
@marcytech does some pipeline welding.
power lineman is a fun physical career. work hard to get in-house job. like soca edison. it would be very hard to "get in". most contract alot of the work out due to liability for the power company and the executives get bigger bonus.

i got tired working in telcom for 25+yr having to change company's every 2 years from buy outs, take overs, mergers. i switch to the water industry because no matter where i go people will always need water to live. plus they still offer a pension that 80% of company's dont.

just my view.

@marcytech does some pipeline welding.
power lineman is a fun physical career. work hard to get in-house job. like soca edison. it would be very hard to "get in". most contract alot of the work out due to liability for the power company and the executives get bigger bonus.

i got tired working in telcom for 25+yr having to change company's every 2 years from buy outs, take overs, mergers. i switch to the water industry because no matter where i go people will always need water to live. plus they still offer a pension that 80% of company's dont.

just my view.
Thank you! For your information I’ll make sure to hit him up and yeah I just saw how good those pay checks look for lineman and I liked the traveling part

Union Glazier but work has been slow last job was at the Clippers arena but I’m working as an apprentice for a close friend that’s a General Contractor in the Rancho Cucamonga Area so if you like high end baths and kitchens I know a guy but actually want to stop both and start my own door and glass company but I’m working on my engineering construction tech degree at the moment after work
good line of work to be in. My dad owned a window company for the past 35 years over in Fontana. Retired and sold the company last year and moved to Arizona.

Last edited:
you work in treatment or distribution?
i worked in distribution for a bit, water treatment for a short bit, waste water collections , and now at waste water treatment county but none of the water we treat goes to the ocean. it goes to the county water district next door and gets more treatment and back in the ground for city's to pump into the pipes for use.

Orthopedics trauma consultant… back it up a bit.
2017, started as a structural welder after being a tower climber(microwave & Broadcast work) for a few years.
2017-2023 structural welder, made the jump to pipeline work from 2019, worked with mostly utility companies as a 1099 contractor, some places was hired on full time as w2, saw work from CA, OK, KY, all over really.

Here’s where things get weird, 2023.. got a call from my Father in Law(I was working with natural gas provider in Kentucky) he says “if you ever wanna come back & work local, be home every night, can possibly get you a interview here where I work.

Turned it down at first, after a week of “thinking about it” I’m married, 4 kids, being home every night sounds good, bunch of pros & cons.

So now I am a trauma consultant, sales consultant, orthopedic implants, medical device guy.. work for Johnson & Johnson.

Last edited:
Back