Shop/Garage Building - Questions

Steel building and concrete and well everything has more than doubled since I built my shop the beginning/middle of 2019. My 50x80x16 shop with 4" wall, 6" roof insulation, 2 office windows, 1 36" man Door, 1 12x12 rool up door and 2 12x14 roll up doors tax delivered was $42.5K Concrete was another $27K. After I sold and moved back to parents I contact bunger steel and lone mountain concrete that did the work for me and prices were 2.5x what they were because "COVID lockdowns" which didn't help but we all know the real reason. My concrete floors were just hit with a floor polisher, than densified and sealed by myself. Than I used sikaflex to fill the cut expansion joints. I would make sure whatever concrete you get have them saw cut the expansion joints so you can easily fill them to keep crap out and keeps the slab nice and flat for working on and rolling stuff with small wheels on like tool boxes, engine hoists/stands etc.

I also agree if doing epoxy coating the heavy flake looks cool but sucks ass if you are working on something and not just parking a nice vehicle on it.

Just spoke with Southwest Building, Aaron was super helpful and didnt mind me asking questions that weren't specific to his potential work. He said that a typical all in building in the dimensions that I requested from him 24x60x14 (bigger than the other one I had quoted) is about $145k. That is one stop shop all in, permits, foundation, insulation, doors etc etc. I told him that was way over my budget and he said he is willing to do as much or as little as I want.

I also asked about concrete pricing, he said it was typically $12-$13/sqft, but emphasized that there are alot of factors that would affect that price.

I figured some of you might want to hear that price. Its alot. Not at all saying it isnt worth it, just outside of my reach.

Just spoke with Southwest Building, Aaron was super helpful and didnt mind me asking questions that weren't specific to his potential work. He said that a typical all in building in the dimensions that I requested from him 24x60x14 (bigger than the other one I had quoted) is about $145k. That is one stop shop all in, permits, foundation, insulation, doors etc etc. I told him that was way over my budget and he said he is willing to do as much or as little as I want.

I also asked about concrete pricing, he said it was typically $12-$13/sqft, but emphasized that there are alot of factors that would affect that price.

I figured some of you might want to hear that price. Its alot. Not at all saying it isnt worth it, just outside of my reach.
We are in the process of doing a 40x80x18 ourselves. It’s being built for working on 3/4-1 ton pickups everyday 5-6 12-15k lb racks etc etc. I’ll keep you posted on price. We’re guessing 130k based on quotes but G&D might change that in a hurry. After it’s done I planned on doing a 42x48 versa tube on the property next door.

lotta fucks being dropped, thought it was you for a sec....

mods changed my inappropriate post before you saw the overwhelming amount of F***s in my post, in response to that. haha.
luv ya Elly and Wally! Thanks for not burning my profile to the ground or banning my IP address from the site in general, or something like that! hahaha

Canks: I also called Southwest Building, unfortunately they only service Arizona. Dang! They were super nice and helpful.

I figured doing a 50'x60' shop out here in California all said and done I would be about $220k. Just gettibng the permit has been a mother fucker...still don't even have that yet!

Permits everywhere suck. My permit for Maricopa County in phoenix got denied the first time because I didn't have gravel drawn on the site map from my side gate into my backyard to the roll up shop doors. Also the existing gate that went from 15th ave asphalt to my property they required another permit and concrete to be done between the gate and asphalt road with proper slope away from the road. My friend in Cali finally got his permit done but started when everything was cheaper and now he can't afford to build his shop.

Back