Hoopdee 94.0 Bronco

Here's some pictures of the passenger beam built out and welded up. Placed the beams back under the Bronco and set wheel base, caster and ride height. Tacked in a scrap piece of steel to hold each beam in place to then located the radius arm brackets.

pass beam done.jpg
pass beam done2.jpg
beam mock up.jpg

I then located the radius arm mounts on the backside of each beam and on the frame rails. Made sure everything was square side to side and cut the radius arm main tube to length and tacked them in place. I then was able to finally cycle the suspension for the first time. Need to do some minor clearance to the uniball cups so they don't bind in the Solo beam pivots but its minimal. As of now it cycles about 20" of travel. Once the entire driveline is bolted in we will see what the axle shafts and u joints let me get away with. Radius arm construction is 1.75" x .500 DOM bosses at the beam mount then a 1.75" x .120 4130 main tube with 1 1/4" hiems and finally all plated in with 3/16 mild PNO. There is an internal gusset in the center in anticipation of bumping off the top of the radius arms.

rad arm brackets.jpg
rad arm brackets2.jpg
rad arm brackets3.jpg
rad arm construction.jpg
rad arm construction 2.jpg
rad arm construction 3.jpg
rad arm construction 4.jpg

Hard to find motivation when the garage is 117* but I knocked out some frame overlay plates over the weekend. Also got jazzy and stuck the shock in place to see what it looked like. Small wins like this keep me motivated to work on this thing.

frame plating.jpg
frame plating 2.jpg
frame plating 3.jpg
frame plating 4.jpg
shock mock up.jpg

Back