Hoopdee 94.0 Bronco

Brett_408

Alright going to start a new build thread for my new (to me) Bronco. The thread name is because this will be my 4th offroad vehicle "build" and my family calls them all hoopdee's starting with 1.0 now on 4.0. Anyway I sold my 3 seat tundra prerunner recently in hopes of building a 4 seat prerunner platform. Incomes the 1994 ford bronco arguably the best vehicle to ever come out of any car manufacturer ever in the history of humanity. Plans are keep fun for the kids, capable of mild 4x4 trails and enjoyable in the desert. Another big thing will be keeping it capable of driving on long multi day trips with no truck/trailer situations.

Heres the day I picked it up. That night I took the stock wheels and tires off and picked up a set of 33's in decent shape cheap.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image0.jpg
thumbnail_image2.jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg
Bronco 33's.jpg
thumbnail_image2 (1).jpg

I did all the general maintenance stuff you do when you buy a 30 year old truck that hasn't drivin much in the last 10 years. Then the following weekend took it to JV for our new years trip. Put about 150 offroad miles on it the 4 days we were there all with the wife and 2 kids. We had a blast. These things are pretty decent stock. Forgot to mention I through a 2inch lift coil and camber adjusters in before the trip so the tires would clear the fenders.

Bronco JV.jpg

After that Trip I addressed the oil leaking from what i could tell was either the rear main seal or oil pan gasket. I dropped the trans and transfer case (serviced both of those) then replaced both the rear main and oil pan gaskets. I also whipped up a quick headers back exhaust with some stainless tubing and dynomax mufflers I had laying around. Sounds meh but it will work. This entire job was awful and I didn't take any pics.

thumbnail_image3 (1).jpg

The first real fab work i've done on this thing is the rear bumper. I'm almost done with it now but here a few pics of the process. This is a good time to add I'm having to be pretty thrifty on this build as the budget is very tight these days (thanks Biden) lol. I will be building everything I can by myself minimal off the shelf parts as of now. That being said most store bought bumpers are 1000 bucks give or take. So I built this thing. Stole the idea from a very old pic on Go Fast Broncos. Basically a badazzled 2"x4" rectangle tube.

Cool Bronco Rear bumper.jpg
thumbnail_image3 (2).jpg
thumbnail_image4.jpg
thumbnail_image0 (3).jpg
thumbnail_image6.jpg
thumbnail_image1 (3).jpg
thumbnail_image5.jpg
thumbnail_image2 (3).jpg
thumbnail_image3 (3).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (2).jpg
thumbnail_image2 (2).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (2).jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_image2 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_image2 (2).jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 5
bumper is nicely bedazzled. Did you have to drill a second hole on receiver? One looks like it interferes with plate work.

I like it. Does the spare sit on the tube portion?

I've been trying to come up with a solution for my spare that allows use of the stock tire swing without destroying my tailgate.

I like it. Does the spare sit on the tube portion?

I've been trying to come up with a solution for my spare that allows use of the stock tire swing without destroying my tailgate.
It does not. 33's aren't to bad for the stock tire gates and the next tire I'll do will probably be 37's so i will be ditching the stock gate at that point.

That appears to be a super clean bronco.
I like the bumper. Building it yourself is the best way to get what you want at a decent price.

Back