BLGT Cinder Hills Takeover. Labor Day weekend

Just talking with my buddy that used to live out there he mentioned Sedona...looks like will be about an hr away... would be cool to do a day run out to Sedona one of the days maybe to mtb or wheel?

Thoughts?

Broken arrow is a beautiful trail. Took my old second gen taco. Is a good time but also a lot of pink jeeps and tourist. Worth it for sure tho!

Just talking with my buddy that used to live out there he mentioned Sedona...looks like will be about an hr away... would be cool to do a day run out to Sedona one of the days maybe to mtb or wheel?

Thoughts?
Sedona is beautiful. And yeah about an hour away depending on traffic. Usually when we do it it’s about a 5-6hr day to get down there, run broken arrow, grab lunch and get back. Tough to do with more than like 3-5 vehicles also because the trail is partially one way and narrow so squeezing around oncoming traffic can be annoying.

Sedona is beautiful. And yeah about an hour away depending on traffic. Usually when we do it it’s about a 5-6hr day to get down there, run broken arrow, grab lunch and get back. Tough to do with more than like 3-5 vehicles also because the trail is partially one way and narrow so squeezing around oncoming traffic can be annoying.
sounds like fun to me!

I doubt I would join especially on a holiday weekend. Maybe Monday? Not sure how long you guys are planning on staying. Monday I’m sure most people will be packing up to head home and leave us with a smaller group.
That bad eh. Honestly not super worried about running any trails just kinda wanted to scope it with the fam. I’m a dad just here to take poser shots and have my cell booster up with my bat wing out

That bad eh. Honestly not super worried about running any trails just kinda wanted to scope it with the fam. I’m a dad just here to take poser shots and have my cell booster up with my bat wing out
I’ve also ran the trail a few dozen times. Basically anyone comes in from out of town. It’s beautiful and a fun trail. But very popular and full of tourists and tour vehicles. And most of the pink Jeep drivers are kinda rude and think they own the trail system in Sedona.

I have this in my calendar! Gotta get the hooptie back together, would be awesome to put some names to some faces and get to know everyone!

Roll call bitches ! Any of you guys coming ?
As of right now I should be there. I left my Jimmy in Colorado for the summer, plans are to head to Ouray one more time at the end of August and spend at least a day with you guys on my way back to Southern AZ with it. Its more of a play in the rocks kind of toy so the cinders should be interesting!

We shall be there. Kids are begging me to take the rail so no tracker to watch me smash whoops in.

Y’all pick a camping spot yet?

Also, sedona on a holiday weekend… plan on sitting in traffic for 30min to an hour once you leave broken arrow. Not sure how bad it is going back up 89 through oak creek. Not the end of the world but be prepared lol.

You can definitely take 10+ vehicles on broken arrow. We do it yearly over Memorial Day weekend with our Suzuki crew. Pisses the pink jeep tour off but 0 fucks given. It ain’t their trails even though they like to think it.

We shall be there. Kids are begging me to take the rail so no tracker to watch me smash whoops in.

Y’all pick a camping spot yet?

Also, sedona on a holiday weekend… plan on sitting in traffic for 30min to an hour once you leave broken arrow. Not sure how bad it is going back up 89 through oak creek. Not the end of the world but be prepared lol.

You can definitely take 10+ vehicles on broken arrow. We do it yearly over Memorial Day weekend with our Suzuki crew. Pisses the pink jeep tour off but 0 fucks given. It ain’t their trails even though they like to think it.
Got a top 3 sorta picked out in my mind. Might do a little more scouting but really don’t want to be too far off the main road for ease of getting motorhomes and trailers in and out.

Got a top 3 sorta picked out in my mind. Might do a little more scouting but really don’t want to be too far off the main road for ease of getting motorhomes and trailers in and out.

i vote mile #69 or #420.......................

3p5as8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, not looking good for getting out of fire restrictions. Most likely will be in stage 1 restrictions which means no campfires, charcoal grills or what not. You can however use a propane grill or propane fire pit. So if anyone has one I’d plan on bringing it. I’ll be bringing mine

Back