2024 BLGT Sand Hallow Trip Labor Day Weekend

dwphoto

Administrator
2024 BLGT Sand Hallow Trip Labor Day Weekend

Where : 3351 Sand Hollow Rd, Hurricane, UT 84737 Camp spot TBD

When: Aug 29- Sept 2

Camping, Bring the family. Crawlers to preunners, Golf carts, RC cars, etc

Yeaaaa it might be a little warm in the afternoon. average for sept 90's 60s at night

Should be a good time.

Who is down?!

We would love to make this, but with the crowds (labor day weekend) and the heat it probably won't be ideal conditions for the little ones. Have fun y'all, maybe next time.

Ooh, I havent been down there yet. I need to get my truck plated and try to make it down there!

Dang, was hoping for more time. I'll be there with the whole family hopefully debuting a rebuilt 4wd truck. At worst I'll be driving a Jeep with my tail between my legs once again.

Are motorcycles worth bringing? Is the sand just going to blow up the kids' bikes right away?

Will be a fun trip! thinking this will be a fun one. was out there last year for work and took my rc crawlers and had a blast!

Heck yea.. good to meet all of you. I should be around if not at the river!

The state park has full hook up sites or regular dry camping. They also have large group spots.. I would get a reservation now if you want to lock it in.

To enter there is a daily fee, I think it is 20 a day.

There is sand, rocks, lakes, prerunner run, BBQ and park your rigs on the beach..

You will have a good time for sure..

Air BNB isn't a bad idea for those who do not have an RV.. Dixie springs is really close and good houses with pools in there..

Heck yea.. good to meet all of you. I should be around if not at the river!

The state park has full hook up sites or regular dry camping. They also have large group spots.. I would get a reservation now if you want to lock it in.

To enter there is a daily fee, I think it is 20 a day.

There is sand, rocks, lakes, prerunner run, BBQ and park your rigs on the beach..

You will have a good time for sure..

Air BNB isn't a bad idea for those who do not have an RV.. Dixie springs is really close and good houses with pools in there..
Thanks for the Info!

It appears that the sites aren't able to to be reserved until 4 months prior. ( 04/29/2024)

Was looking at the Primitive camp area or the Sand Pit campground. Although with the possible heat Full hookups or power at least wouldn't be terrible haha.

Also not opposed to camping somewhere close outside the park on BLM land for free and paying the $20 bucks a day to go in to park.

The sand pit group campsite looks enticing. Strolls along the lakeshore at night and day use parking nearby for any overflow. Looks like primitive is limited to 30 reservations, will we get close to that?

We never had to pay for entrance to wheeling. But we always entered from here off to the side and then wheeled into the main area.

8CE4EDBB-32BA-48A9-9092-5B2E150EE678.png

But that’s not the “main” entrance there you drive through the tunnel.

Good info on the 4x4 trails out there. They are no joke when you get into the 7+ ratings at least from my limited experience. We have ran: double sammi, maze, milts mile, and the fallen. Fallen taking a lot of the bypasses. But amazing views from all trails and some of the best technical wheeling I’ve ever done

Sand hollow is always a good time. I may be interested depending on weather. It may still be pretty warm then (100+ degrees in the sand and on the rocks)

Hoping to make this. Will likely have the ol yota out there. I'd like to have the 4runner too but thats a long haul for bringing a 3rd vehicle.

Will plan on going. Will be a chill no hard wheeling for me though. My annual big trip is shortly after that. Need to keep the truck in working order.
Can have the awning on the truck for this also.

Back