Bad Trends… and go

Not trying to go against the grain here, but i was thinking about this all day today after seeing this thread and i really couldn't come up with a good response. I've done my fair share of stupid, cheap modifications and things people didn't like/agree with, especially on DR. Gaining knowledge throughout the years made me not care so much lol. If its offroad or outdoor adventure related I'm stoked to see it. Lifted Subaru? bad ass. Full overland rig, I'm all about it. RTT on top of a random vehicle, i give them a thumbs up. People just trying to have fun. I ran into a guy at the Fast Trip in California City on our way home from V2R who had a 5th gen 4 runner that was equipped with every overland option you could think of, including a ladder and snorkel. The clean Desert logo on my door was brought up and we sat there for 30 minutes talking about random trips through the desert we've both done and where we've been before. Great conversation.
There are the things that bug me on some stuff. But its just my opinion and me making fun of it. Everything can be criticized by someone.

But I'm kind of with you. In todays times with all the crazy stuff going on in the world. The stress that we all carry nowadays.
You got to do whatever you have to do to make yourself happy in these times.
So if painting a fuel door black or running a snorkel makes you happy. If even only for a brief period. So be it.
Do what makes you happy even if others don't like.

This also brings up a great point with the upcoming Sand Sports and Off Road Expo. If you have a vehicle on display in the show. and you see a kid looking at it or touching it. Go talk to that kid. Ask them what they are in to, what they like. Open the truck up so they can look in side of it. Shoot even let them sit in it. I learned this from the custom car scene and cruise nights. The smile in a kids face when you let them sit inside of your car. You never know who you might influence. They might go on to be the next big fabricator or customizer because of that one interaction. We were all that little kid looking at cars at one point.

There are the things that bug me on some stuff. But its just my opinion and me making fun of it. Everything can be criticized by someone.

But I'm kind of with you. In todays times with all the crazy stuff going on in the world. The stress that we all carry nowadays.
You got to do whatever you have to do to make yourself happy in these times.
So if painting a fuel door black or running a snorkel makes you happy. If even only for a brief period. So be it.
Do what makes you happy even if others don't like.

This also brings up a great point with the upcoming Sand Sports and Off Road Expo. If you have a vehicle on display in the show. and you see a kid looking at it or touching it. Go talk to that kid. Ask them what they are in to, what they like. Open the truck up so they can look in side of it. Shoot even let them sit in it. I learned this from the custom car scene and cruise nights. The smile in a kids face when you let them sit inside of your car. You never know who you might influence. They might go on to be the next big fabricator or customizer because of that one interaction. We were all that little kid looking at cars at one point.
This is a bitch session thread. Not what's morally correct. If you see something you think is stupid, call it stupid. There are plenty of other threads on this board you can fluff their balls on for all the stupid shit that they do to their own truck with their own money. I've done plenty of stupid shit and get (or got) bagged on for. This thread gives me a chance to bag on all of them and all of you. Hehehehehehehehehehe....

Another one that gets me going is all the ricer kids that got bored with their dropped Honda Civics, Lexus IS, Suburaus, Mercedes, BMWs, etc... They have invaded the "Overlander" space. They go out and buy a brand new Tacoma, Land Cruiser, etc.. and put every god damn piece of recovery equipment and camping gear on it with top of the line suspension parts, sticker, patch, awning, RTT, wheels, tires, etc.. etc... All bought. All built by someone else. They have no idea why they have it other than it's what everyone else is doing on Instagram. Max trax, max trax, rotopax, rotopax!!!! Have to have them to show the world that I'm an "Overlander!!!" Look at me!!!!!! I've driven my overland rig on some dusty trails.

...and not one tiny scratch on their paint and their rims are immaculate.

Fuck those guys. At some point, they'll sell those fully loaded rigs once the trend isn't cool anymore.

(you might tell that I don't like those types of doods)

This is a bitch session thread. Not what's morally correct. If you see something you think is stupid, call it stupid. There are plenty of other threads on this board you can fluff their balls on for all the stupid shit that they do to their own truck with their own money. I've done plenty of stupid shit and get (or got) bagged on for. This thread gives me a chance to bag on all of them and all of you. Hehehehehehehehehehe....

Another one that gets me going is all the ricer kids that got bored with their dropped Honda Civics, Lexus IS, Suburaus, Mercedes, BMWs, etc... They have invaded the "Overlander" space. They go out and buy a brand new Tacoma, Land Cruiser, etc.. and put every god damn piece of recovery equipment and camping gear on it with top of the line suspension parts, sticker, patch, awning, RTT, wheels, tires, etc.. etc... All bought. All built by someone else. They have no idea why they have it other than it's what everyone else is doing on Instagram. Max trax, max trax, rotopax, rotopax!!!! Have to have them to show the world that I'm an "Overlander!!!" Look at me!!!!!! I've driven my overland rig on some dusty trails.

...and not one tiny scratch on their paint and their rims are immaculate.

Fuck those guys. At some point, they'll sell those fully loaded rigs once the trend isn't cool anymore.

(you might tell that I don't like those types of doods)
Show us where the overlander touched your skottle.

20230601_125547.jpg

PS - You're not wrong.

I'll bite.....everyone and their brother starting a Facebook Group with the word "Overland" in the name of it. Half of them never leave the parking lot at the Boba Shop. The other half seemingly have endless income and are gone for weeks.

This "Overland" stuff needs to die off and just go back to, "are you camping?" or "are you not camping?"

1726265018942.png

I don't understand the recent trend of adding a tube in front of the main tube of a front bumper.

And similar to the black gas door, painting tail lights black. Even worse is black tail lights on a black car, so the thing just looks like an indistinguishable black blob now. Or if you truly want a black blob, at least paint the 3rd brake light and red reflectors to get the full effect.

I don't understand the recent trend of adding a tube in front of the main tube of a front bumper.

And similar to the black gas door, painting tail lights black. Even worse is black tail lights on a black car, so the thing just looks like an indistinguishable black blob now. Or if you truly want a black blob, at least paint the 3rd brake light and red reflectors to get the full effect.
You be quiet! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_8668.jpeg
    IMG_8668.jpeg
    616.7 KB · Views: 29
Seriously?! Tesla drivers are AWFUL where I live. The worst of the worst.
I’ll say electric vehicles in general are a retarded trend that needs to end.

100% agree. Teslas (closely followed by the elusive Prius) are almost always the worst drivers on the road, by far.

Theres a certain propensity towards dog shit driving skills amongst electric car drivers...

100% agree. Teslas (closely followed by the elusive Prius) are almost always the worst drivers on the road, by far.

Theres a certain propensity towards dog shit driving skills amongst electric car drivers...
I’m convinced you have to pass (or fail?) a mental health check before being allowed to buy a Tesla. They all seem like brain dead idiots… same goes for any electric vehicle though. The negative impact on the environment is enough to make me barf.
Prius drivers seem to blend in very well these days on the common sense level.

I’m convinced you have to pass (or fail?) a mental health check before being allowed to buy a Tesla. They all seem like brain dead idiots… same goes for any electric vehicle though. The negative impact on the environment is enough to make me barf.
I’m semi convinced mentalities like this influence people’s opinions on them being bad drivers.
Plenty of bad Tesla drivers out there I’m sure but teslas are sooo common now the majority of them fit right in imo. Nothing against Teslas, if they fit your life style good for you. Crazy fast as a bonus.

I’m semi convinced mentalities like this influence people’s opinions on them being bad drivers.
Plenty of bad Tesla drivers out there I’m sure but teslas are sooo common now the majority of them fit right in imo. Nothing against Teslas, if they fit your life style good for you. Crazy fast as a bonus.
It’s not a mentality. Merely an observation of being on the road ~500 miles per week.

I must of failed. bought a Tesla for financial reasons, I dgaf if they are better for the environment or not, nobody is going to win that argument. The funny thing is that, now we have one, I really like it, and I absolutely hated it before we bought one.

Back