Bad Trends… and go

This is one trend that bugged me so much. Luckily its going away.
But people painting or wrapping their gas doors black.

Is it that you cant find the gas door because the color blends in with the rest of the car.

I also come from the custom car world. And with a custom car. Its all about flow and aesthetics of the car.
So annoying you have this black spot in the middle of the body that distracts your eye from the over all appearance of the car.

View attachment 27787

To go along with this... black roofs on non-black trucks!

I need a dorkle. Water crossings at mach jesus haven't ended well for me
53658839390_6525784a46_b.jpg

53658369431_b00ec16278_b.jpg

if we are talking non truck trends... whats with young kids these days with thier boxer briefs being longer than their shorts? Any dude that has more then 2-3" of thigh showing is gross to me.

Truck trends? i cant get behind people using the word stance... or even caring about stance... its more important to have an offroad truck that works well, then having good stance.

Oh because i am also old. i hate the term bypass rack for bedcages.. Not sure when that started, but come on use shock hoops, bedcage, something other than rack.
Bypass Rack is a Raptor thing, stop watching raptor videos and you wont hear it LOL. Theres this douche keep it dirty off road (or something along those lines) that always says that. He was interviewing Kevin from H&M on a tube chassis prerunner and said beautiful bypass rack, and Kevin looked at him like WTF are you talking about hahaha

I love all the clips on Instagram about the “widdle wadders” makes me bust up laughing. I saw one on a Subaru Outback the other day. The roof is only 5’ off the ground, must’ve been owned by a midget.

Bypass Rack is a Raptor thing, stop watching raptor videos and you wont hear it LOL. Theres this douche keep it dirty off road (or something along those lines) that always says that. He was interviewing Kevin from H&M on a tube chassis prerunner and said beautiful bypass rack, and Kevin looked at him like WTF are you talking about hahaha
I've seen that guy on YT. I made a comment on one of his videos because he was totally bagging on this guy who was in his group down in Mexico. He got all mad at this guy who had a couple of beers and made a couple of dumb decisions. My comment pointed out the fact that he spent half of his video bagging on this guy who clearly figured out that he fucked up. That douche bag got all hot and bothered and responded that people who have a tasty cold beverage while they off road are out to kill everyone. My response, "OK, Karen."

I love all the clips on Instagram about the “widdle wadders” makes me bust up laughing. I saw one on a Subaru Outback the other day. The roof is only 5’ off the ground, must’ve been owned by a midget.

I don’t instagram, What are they all about, making fun of the real deal overland Chad ladders?

I need a dorkle. Water crossings at mach jesus haven't ended well for me
53658839390_6525784a46_b.jpg

53658369431_b00ec16278_b.jpg
I've been thinking about doing an undercowl snorkel just to keep the fan from slinging water into the filter for that reason.

Sean

Not trying to go against the grain here, but i was thinking about this all day today after seeing this thread and i really couldn't come up with a good response. I've done my fair share of stupid, cheap modifications and things people didn't like/agree with, especially on DR. Gaining knowledge throughout the years made me not care so much lol. If its offroad or outdoor adventure related I'm stoked to see it. Lifted Subaru? bad ass. Full overland rig, I'm all about it. RTT on top of a random vehicle, i give them a thumbs up. People just trying to have fun. I ran into a guy at the Fast Trip in California City on our way home from V2R who had a 5th gen 4 runner that was equipped with every overland option you could think of, including a ladder and snorkel. The clean Desert logo on my door was brought up and we sat there for 30 minutes talking about random trips through the desert we've both done and where we've been before. Great conversation.

for the most part I DGAF what other people do to there cars, if they enjoy it good good for them. However I guess’s biggest beef is everyone NEEDING big ass shocks when they don’t have any idea why other than “bigger is better”. Example: I debated shocks with a kid that was “building” his Tacoma. He was saving money (and eventually did buy) 3.0 king IBPs to go with his TC upper arm kit and stock rear springs. I tried over and over to convince him he only needed a 2.5. Pretty sure that truck saw dirt twice before he sold it with all the 3.0s on it 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Not trying to go against the grain here, but i was thinking about this all day today after seeing this thread and i really couldn't come up with a good response. I've done my fair share of stupid, cheap modifications and things people didn't like/agree with, especially on DR. Gaining knowledge throughout the years made me not care so much lol. If its offroad or outdoor adventure related I'm stoked to see it. Lifted Subaru? bad ass. Full overland rig, I'm all about it. RTT on top of a random vehicle, i give them a thumbs up. People just trying to have fun. I ran into a guy at the Fast Trip in California City on our way home from V2R who had a 5th gen 4 runner that was equipped with every overland option you could think of, including a ladder and snorkel. The clean Desert logo on my door was brought up and we sat there for 30 minutes talking about random trips through the desert we've both done and where we've been before. Great conversation.
100% this...all of us started somewhere. If the person is stoked on it, I'm stoked for them. Especially if they are actually out using it. If it's a street queen for parking lot clout... well yea that's pretty lame but it's their money, their shitbox. If they are in the game long enough they are going to sort it out and then laugh about it later.

Exhibit A
Sewer pipe Dorkle. 2006 ✔ what a boss
279984630_7eba9faf9d_b.jpg

306944693_0be0d38bf5_h.jpg

ripped the seats out of this mint 1990 prerunner spare tire carrier in the back
874236900_788bddbf93_b.jpg
That compressor was in there but never wired it up lol

4 hellas on the prerunner bumper 🤡
2779295478_f9edcafe2b_k.jpg

That bumper got ripped off in the dunes after I grenaded the tranny and had to get towed out of the dunes. That fender is still on my garage wall lol
2802560872_1a6645bc76_o.jpg

Back