1994 ford explorer!

marcytech

BACK at it again with another shitbox! lol
been on the hunt for a 1st gen explorer for a goooood while and as the universe would have it, this thing popped up on market place the night before my ranger sold.
first things first...it needs a name. heres what ive got but please, feel free to throw ideas my way!
1. the oversnacker. like a overlander, but full of snacks for the babies
2. seymour as in "go fast see more"

ha ha im so gay. anyways.

1994 ford explorer limited.
its from oregon so its riddled with rust in places that dont really matter to me at all. except the core support. i gotta change that soon. gross.
its all stock and everything works except- on occasion- overdrive wants to not show up to the party.
whatever it was 1900 bucks ill finger it out.

PLANS.
i plan to take it easy with this thing. stock width with awesome parts from ryan cook "cook craft". hes making some really awesome bolt on style parts for these that make them handle so good! i plan to use this for all sorts of stuff from trips up the mountain for snow days, to boys trip mojave trail action and day rips to the dezert with my son to watch some racing or anything else that may be going on.
the idea of this build is not so much racetruck, but just maximum use and making memories with my wife and our little ones.
let the shit talking, shitty fab, and good times commence!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6054.jpg
    IMG_6054.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6055.jpg
    IMG_6055.jpg
    944.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6056.jpg
    IMG_6056.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6058.jpg
    IMG_6058.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6059.jpg
    IMG_6059.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 15
Muhahaha!

You just named it, "The Joker"! lol!

Also, One of my Dads favorite bars was called "The take it easy bar and lounge"

Cant wait to see what you do with it.
Haha I got a 2 year old and 1 on the way.
No time to build anything crazy. We are forsure gonna test the limits of a stock width explorer when the kids ain’t around though that’s for damn sure!!!

i plan to use this for all sorts of stuff from trips up the mountain for snow days, to boys trip mojave trail action and day rips to the dezert with my son to watch some racing or anything else that may be going on.
the idea of this build is not so much racetruck, but just maximum use and making memories with my wife and our little ones.
Funny your plan, IMO perfectly embodies Ford's model name of "Explorer" ...
Maybe name it Sir Francis Drake or something 🤔

Edit to add: If you name the Explorer after an Explorer you can then become like an amateur Historian and learn about the named Explorer and you will have endless Dad jokes and History lessons for the kids... like when they ask why the truck is named Will Clark, you can just tell them how he was a hard core overlander back in the day before traxx-mat was a thing,

Then later in 4th grade, your kids will dominate America history. 🇺🇸 A+

Last edited:
BACK at it again with another shitbox! lol
been on the hunt for a 1st gen explorer for a goooood while and as the universe would have it, this thing popped up on market place the night before my ranger sold.
first things first...it needs a name. heres what ive got but please, feel free to throw ideas my way!
1. the oversnacker. like a overlander, but full of snacks for the babies
2. seymour as in "go fast see more"

ha ha im so gay. anyways.

1994 ford explorer limited.
its from oregon so its riddled with rust in places that dont really matter to me at all. except the core support. i gotta change that soon. gross.
its all stock and everything works except- on occasion- overdrive wants to not show up to the party.
whatever it was 1900 bucks ill finger it out.

PLANS.
i plan to take it easy with this thing. stock width with awesome parts from ryan cook "cook craft". hes making some really awesome bolt on style parts for these that make them handle so good! i plan to use this for all sorts of stuff from trips up the mountain for snow days, to boys trip mojave trail action and day rips to the dezert with my son to watch some racing or anything else that may be going on.
let the shit talking, shitty fab, and good times commence!!!
‘Seymour’ will inevitably evolve into “Seymore Butts”

It's a great platform for building and bringing the family along. Looks like it's in decent shape and it's the color I like.

Back