03' 4Runner V8 - "Pearl" The Prerunner Poser

Do you know of any open whoop sections where I can test my shocks? Trails down here in Maricopa are mostly on the Gila Res and I don't like to trespass at all.
Not down there… I know there’s some out south of lake pleasant! But they are massive, class one buggy’s and trucks used to got out and tune shocks out there.

Do you know of any open whoop sections where I can test my shocks? Trails down here in Maricopa are mostly on the Gila Res and I don't like to trespass at all.
Not down there… I know there’s some out south of lake pleasant! But they are massive, class one buggy’s and truck used to got out and tune shocks out there.

Aww man that sucks!! You gonna try to rebuild of find a new one?
Well, those were supposed to be Nitro axles and gears. I swapped this axle in a few years ago, so I don't know for sure how good the installer was.

I wouldn't think that 4.56s w a 315/70/17 isn't overloading it by any means, but I do beat on it pretty good at times.

Really not sure what to do, besides assessment of the damage.

I feel your pain. Tear into that diff. You'll quickly be able to assess the damage. I got mine put back together just about two weeks ago. Never done any kind of gear, axle work in the past so I learned a lot. Crossing my fingers that my work holds up. Won't know until it blows up again (could be tomorrow, could be 10 years from now). I didn't want to spend that much money on it since my plan is to replace the whole axle with something way more robust.

I feel your pain. Tear into that diff. You'll quickly be able to assess the damage. I got mine put back together just about two weeks ago. Never done any kind of gear, axle work in the past so I learned a lot. Crossing my fingers that my work holds up. Won't know until it blows up again (could be tomorrow, could be 10 years from now). I didn't want to spend that much money on it since my plan is to replace the whole axle with something way more robust.
Yes Sir much respect on that one. I hope 10 years from now we're still talking about your diff and how much abuse it endured lol.
This just may be the time for me to learn and acquire the tools. I've done 90% of the work on this truck myself, excluding the diffs.

Well, those were supposed to be Nitro axles and gears. I swapped this axle in a few years ago, so I don't know for sure how good the installer was.

I wouldn't think that 4.56s w a 315/70/17 isn't overloading it by any means, but I do beat on it pretty good at times.

Really not sure what to do, besides assessment of the damage.
Yeh you wouldn’t think that’s over doing it,

Back