03' 4Runner V8 - "Pearl" The Prerunner Poser

Looking good Brett nice work man! This is Jeff from DR, I sold you those 8” bypasses

Looking good Brett nice work man! This is Jeff from DR, I sold you those 8” bypasses

Jeffy!! How they Hangin?!! Good to see ya.
Thanks for the props, learning as I go here in the swamp. Makes me really appreciate how good the fab guys are out there.
I've got ideas for the rear suspension, just not sure if I can pull it off without breaking down and buying a 3 link.
For now the Party Barge Pilot gave me a new valve stack to try, and its headed in the right direction. Asking a 10" smoothy to keep up with more travel set up with a CO and bypass is a bit much, but it's working pretty well thanks to the Barge Pilot.

Hope all is well, how's that Tundra treating you?

Got tired of fighting the factory skid every time I changed the oil, and it had taken a lot of hits over the years so it was due to be retired.
So I had Anthony and Josh at Apex Fabrication, Merritt Island, Fl. bend me up some aluminum. They did a great job considering the cardboard template I gave them was truly a rookie attempt. My measurements were damn close though, we only had to make one adjustment to the rear mounting tabs. Now I can replace the filter without removal of the skid. I basically copied the Bud Built pics on their site.
Bare aluminum looks pretty good under there. Sanded it down horizontally with WD40 and some used 1500, so it has a mild brushed look. 20231120_153730.jpg20231128_072642 - Copy.jpg

She's running pretty good too. Although there is too much loose shit in the console making a racket lol. Still have a LOT to learn about suspension tuning......

So I was totally daydreaming the other week about doing a manual transfer case swap in the exact position of the center consul you did!! Looks pretty straightforward… but curious as to using a 5th GEN 4runner transfer case, any problems? I feel like everyone says you need an FJ case but you didn’t use the FJ?

It's the exact same case - VF2A, they've used this case in several different models for decades.

I bought a URD Maf Calibrator quite awhile back, so it was high time I installed it this week. LT fuel trims at idle were -5 to -7, I leaned em up a little and now both LT and ST are sitting near even. My base map numbers off this should be good. I won't ever get big power in its current setup, but I'm a poser, so I gotta act like I can tune :geek:
20231226_183100.jpg20231229_161604.jpg

Elate makes parts to bolt on a tvs 1900... just saying. Its nowhere near as cheap as it looks at first glance though.

Sean

Elate makes parts to bolt on a tvs 1900... just saying. Its nowhere near as cheap as it looks at first glance though.

Sean

Would love to have one. I have no idea what I'm doing as far as tuning, so between that and a shrinking budget, a SC isn't on my short list. But if I can gain 1 mpg by cleaning up my closed loop trims......probably won't though lol.

The A750 in this thing has always been spongy, so I gave her a little more bite with an upgraded valve body. Also fluid exchanged, a few new hoses, a Hayden cooler and some Spals, and also a Magnefine filter.20240104_122604.jpg20240104_142923.jpg20240104_142933.jpg20240105_074713.jpg20240105_165747.jpg20240105_165754.jpg

That’s awesome! Yeh the weather has been great the last few weeks! Great time to be out exploring the desert!
Do you know of any open whoop sections where I can test my shocks? Trails down here in Maricopa are mostly on the Gila Res and I don't like to trespass at all.

Back