What kind of oil do you use ?

I run Valvoline high mileage full synthetic. On my last motor that was the only oil I could find that would last for two trips before oil pressure went way down. My old go-to Mobil 1 synthetic wouldn't go half a trip before the cams started clacking and a couple other brands were only good for 1 or 1-1/2. Admittedly I need an oil cooler to fix the root of the problem.

Castrol gtx dino oil since i only have old vehicles. Although it seems like dino is becoming harder to find so I usually get the synthetic blend now.

I’ve always ran valvoline 10w-30 conventional in all my gas engines and Rotella T4 15w-40 in my diesels. I’ve always stuck with those two brands, no rhyme or reason aside from I believe they are high quality and good performing oils.

Red valvoline high mileage 10w-30 on the 4.0 OHV and a Motorcraft filter. 172k and the oil always looks same color as new after 3k miles

Castrol wtf-ever 10w40 with a WIX filter for the 22re(s) *and a full bottle of lucas stabilizer snake oil*
Typically Mobil 1 5w30 with a WIX for the 3.4L stuff
And I just bought a bunch of Costco/Kirkland full synthetic stuff for the DD and tow pig.

Dinosaur oil with filtro filters for the 2-wheeled things.

Whatever is cheap from Walmart / Amazon / Auto parts stores. I try to run thicker like 20/50 or 15/40 since it's so hot here and my engines are all high mileage. The only things that get specific oil are diesels with DPF. Old engines that crappy cams get zinc additive for the shear.

Back