Local Legend Turtle Truck 2.0

You can eat all the bag of dicks you want haha.. But it's not personal.

When I first started at Method 9.5 years ago.... There were 4 people in sales. 2 of us named Steven. My name got changed on the second week due to confusion :ROFLMAO:. It's been a blessing though because everyone remembers Wally.

So Turtle Truck 2.0 died on me over the weekend... The weather was finally nice enough to take her for a little drive to go get groceries and well she started loosing power on my way back home up the hill.

At first I could only give her half throttle. about another mile or so no throttle and then she died and wouldn't restart.

44423B5F-1391-44DE-840B-904EF86A1F40.jpeg
F4A33749-022A-4222-98F7-BC3E053EA254.jpeg
B6C81D30-91D3-4043-AC3A-48BFD2A8D6AB.jpeg

Luckily a nice fellow named Beaver stopped by and gave me a tow home. I was only a mile from my house so I broke out my strap and we were on our way. Stoked I didn't have to Call AAA just to go 1 mile plus I had some Ice-cream I just purchased in the truck for my little... Beaver is a legend with the Toyota to the Rescue.

My guess so far is the fuel pump... If that's the case this would be my second fuel pump since I've owned the truck and like my 5th or 6th fuel pump in these Rangers... It's just the Autozone special with a life time warranty. Any else have issues with these things?

I had consistent fuel pump relay issues. I never replaced my stock external fuel pump from day one.

I want to say mine was a Motorcraft through Summit

I had consistent fuel pump relay issues. I never replaced my stock external fuel pump from day one.

I want to say mine was a Motorcraft through Summit
Stock external? Mines in the tank.

It's a pain to test since I haven't cut the hole in the bed yet... but I will now! maybe it's just a bad connection? Either way I'll be swapping in a new 'free' replacement fuel pump while I'm in there.

Stock external? Mines in the tank.

It's a pain to test since I haven't cut the hole in the bed yet... but I will now! maybe it's just a bad connection? Either way I'll be swapping in a new 'free' replacement fuel pump while I'm in there.
I don’t think they’re all plumbed the same way. Some have 2 pumps LP/HP and some just have 1. Mine had 2. I ditched the wiring for the in tank LP and just ran the external HP.

I don’t think they’re all plumbed the same way. Some have 2 pumps LP/HP and some just have 1. Mine had 2. I ditched the wiring for the in tank LP and just ran the external HP.

I have never seen the two pump setups on Ford rangers. Only Broncos and f-150s. Most likely because they had a dual tank option so was cheaper to put a LP pump in each tank feeding the HP pump on the frame. The HP pump on the frame is what I've used for every LS swap. I've done an e2000 pump

I have never seen the two pump setups on Ford rangers. Only Broncos and f-150s. Most likely because they had a dual tank option so was cheaper to put a LP pump in each tank feeding the HP pump on the frame. The HP pump on the frame is what I've used for every LS swap. I've done an e2000 pump
Mr. @GahnRacing had the mighty 2.5l motor... which is super uncommon to build so maybe that's why neither one of us know about it?

I think I am mistaken. I ran a Bronco II tank and I could have sworn when I looked for fuel pumps for it they had an option for a LP and HP pump.

Anyways, just 2.9 swap it and be done.

I've never worked on a bronco II or any truck with bronco II tank so unsure what they ran stock.

Probably time to update...

After a incorrect diagnosis of the fuel pump. It was not the fuel pump. It was the stupid computer again.

When I opened it up I didn't see anything wrong with it. Something just went faulty. I found another computer on craigslist and she's back up and running great.

The next thing I did was clean out the cooling system. It had some rust and the thermostat wasn't working right.

She's running strong now, stays nice and cool and she's back to being a solid little runner for me and the family. I had fun out with it on Thanksgiving!

Back