Local Legend Turtle Truck 2.0

You ever sort out that rats nest under the dash?
Maybe causing computer issues. Just a thought as I read through this thread.
Cool build btw, very relatable through the whole journey.

You ever sort out that rats nest under the dash?
Maybe causing computer issues. Just a thought as I read through this thread.
Cool build btw, very relatable through the whole journey.
Thanks dude.

Yes. I pulled all of that trash out which I think created the issue for the first replacement computer.

The other computer I had in the truck last for about 1 full year. So I'm guessing something in it just went bad.

Basically you can only find used computers for these things. WHEN you go and buy them they just fix a few small problems and then test them.

My 93 explorer was running like absolute crap after put new heads and gaskets on it, it took me awhile and throwing a few sensors at it (that probably didnt need to be replaced) I ended up pulling both battery terminals off the battery and holding them together for a few seconds.

Supposably this whatever load may be left in the capacitors in the computer and fully resets it. I guess you get the same result if you leave the battery unhooked for a few days too.

After I did that and made sure the boards in the computer didnt looked burned up or corroded, I plugged everything back in and it fired right up. Drove it around for a few miles to let it recalibrate itself and everything seems fine for the moment. Maybe try that if you haven't already!

My 93 explorer was running like absolute crap after put new heads and gaskets on it, it took me awhile and throwing a few sensors at it (that probably didnt need to be replaced) I ended up pulling both battery terminals off the battery and holding them together for a few seconds.

Supposably this whatever load may be left in the capacitors in the computer and fully resets it. I guess you get the same result if you leave the battery unhooked for a few days too.

After I did that and made sure the boards in the computer didnt looked burned up or corroded, I plugged everything back in and it fired right up. Drove it around for a few miles to let it recalibrate itself and everything seems fine for the moment. Maybe try that if you haven't already!
Interesting...

I just kept thinking it was the fuel pump but.... the first thing I SHOULD have looked at is if the 'check engine' light was on with the Key on Engine off... It wasn't... meaning the computer was bad.

All good. Found a new comp and she's running good again.

Interesting...

I just kept thinking it was the fuel pump but.... the first thing I SHOULD have looked at is if the 'check engine' light was on with the Key on Engine off... It wasn't... meaning the computer was bad.

All good. Found a new comp and she's running good again.
Yeah mine had no stored codes or CEL at all with the KOEO or KOER tests, unless I unplugged any of the sensors while it was running (like crap), then the CEL would come on right away. It took me awhile to check the computer. I went through two MAF sensors, two IAC sensors, two new o2 sensors etc. etc.

Symptoms were: It would start up fine and idle at 1,200rpm and would settle down to about 500 and surging before it would stall out completely. After that, it would start and idle for a few seconds before stalling again.

Yeah mine had no stored codes or CEL at all with the KOEO or KOER tests, unless I unplugged any of the sensors while it was running (like crap), then the CEL would come on right away. It took me awhile to check the computer. I went through two MAF sensors, two IAC sensors, two new o2 sensors etc. etc.

Symptoms were: It would start up fine and idle at 1,200rpm and would settle down to about 500 and surging before it would stall out completely. After that, it would start and idle for a few seconds before stalling again.
Good info here for anyone else having weird electrical issues.

My symptom was no power to the fuel pump. From their I should have checked to make sure I had a CEL light before swapping out the fuel pump again.

Back