Taco Sauce

After almost a week of tracking down a nasty sounding thud the truck lives again. Rear ended went on a decent diet so she’s running a little rougher than before despite my best efforts to maintain the same geometry. Going to need to figure out something with the springs and valving to try and smooth things out and balance the front and rear. But she handled some big hits without issues this weekend which was a nice feeling.

@badlinesgoodtimes Any way to post a video on here btw?

As of right now you'll need to post a video to youtube or some other media site and then upload via the Media link. I don't believe the 'image' link supports Video.

As of right now you'll need to post a video to youtube or some other media site and then upload via the Media link. I don't believe the 'image' link supports Video.
Gotcha. Won’t let me link from IG and said a 1sec video had a file too large so wasn’t sure. I’ll have to see if I can log into my old YouTube account then

More progress this week and today. Got a lot of the little things mounted as well as the bedsides mostly mounted. Wanted to bob the bed but the amount of work on the bedsides wouldn’t have been worth the 6-8” bob. Although maybe it would have since I often drag ass on departure angles. Did dovetail the rear though and narrow it about 10” at the tail lights from where it was before.

7BE4C5BA-CF62-4CF0-9206-03C05468885B.jpeg

8306720F-529F-4A0D-B681-A9101B4F7A45.jpeg

E4AF699E-F28B-48AA-AE2D-1DAE1DEFCE3D.jpeg

Just need to bend up some little winglet piece things to protect the bedsides.

large ammo can under the spare tire, fill it tools, spares or dirt to get some weight behind the axle. dirt makes tuning way easy.

large ammo can under the spare tire, fill it tools, spares or dirt to get some weight behind the axle. dirt makes tuning way easy.
Already have tools and spares and what not stored in the box in front of the tire and not really much room under the spare to store anything with significant weight. Now that it’s done and fully loaded with what I will typically be carrying I can still afford to lose 1/2”-1” of ride height and still be happy. So probably gonna just try to pull a leaf this weekend and see how it goes.

Already have tools and spares and what not stored in the box in front of the tire and not really much room under the spare to store anything with significant weight. Now that it’s done and fully loaded with what I will typically be carrying I can still afford to lose 1/2”-1” of ride height and still be happy. So probably gonna just try to pull a leaf this weekend and see how it goes.
a 1/2-1” plate is also a compact way to get some weight back behind the axle and drop the ride height

Dual spares for the win!
I do have a handful or random spare tires laying around the side yard for testing. But I like keeping it low and sleek with the single spare. Contemplating a removable platform that can bolt on above the spare for carrying more gear/camping stuff for trips like the rubicon.

Been busy with things the last month or two. Put a few hundred miles on the truck between thanksgiving and the weekend after in cal city and Johnson valley.

Also did a little photo shoot with Milestar tires and it was sweet.

5EBE8EE6-8C55-44EF-98C2-C231FF15B5E9.jpeg

Got race radios installed and have been doing prep for KOH

1317F04D-AD6D-48E7-9CA3-107770B665CF.jpeg

Haven’t had a chance to program the radios yet, but I’m excited to have them installed.

Coming up we’ll be out at KOH all week and I’ll be chasing for my buddy in the 4800 class #1776 car

Been busy with things the last month or two. Put a few hundred miles on the truck between thanksgiving and the weekend after in cal city and Johnson valley.

Also did a little photo shoot with Milestar tires and it was sweet.

View attachment 5215

Got race radios installed and have been doing prep for KOH

Back