Taco Sauce

I dig the dovetail look. This is one of my favorite trucks on the forum so far, looks like a really fun and daily-able rig

I dig the dovetail look. This is one of my favorite trucks on the forum so far, looks like a really fun and daily-able rig
It handles road miles pretty good. But since buying a trailer and having access to a tow rig, long miles of pavement are likely done on the trailer. That said we did so about 1300mi round trip from AZ to the rubicon and back a few years ago. Freaking great experience.

Well I’m usually the one getting calls to help stuck people. This time it was the other way around. Some #badtimesgoodtimes points earned last night.

What a month, well week really out at koh. True classic me fashion I didn’t take any pics. But managed to find the blgt dmc camp and hang with a few guys for a little bit.

4E9ECF4F-DA7C-4DA1-8697-986F163D65C5.jpeg

As for the race, we got our full freaking value for our entry fee haha. Had amaxing practice qualifying runs but lost the front locker during our actual qualifying. So we ended up starting 54th in class out of 77. The boys were freaking flying in the desert lap and made their way up to 20th before pit 1. Shortly after pit one they got a flat, had to get out and change it, and then rolled the car shortly after.

No major damage from the roll and we gave it a once over at main pit and topped them off on fuel and let ‘em rip. Due to the roll we dropped back a bit heading into the rock lap and they got stuck in a lot of traffic. Slowly worked their way through the rocks. Blew another tire. Our fox of the front locker failed and they had to run most of the trails without it. Extra stress on things caused the power steering pump to explode about 1 mile from remote pit 2 for their last time. And we didn’t have the spare in the pits (rookie race blues). So I got to do what I was tasked with doing, race back to camp to find the spare pump while our driver ran from the car to rp2. They got the pump swapped and we crossed the finish line 31st in class in our rookie season and first race ever. Freaking awesome time. Follow @jeff_watson_1776 for future endeavors.

Oh and the tacos at coco thunder Thursday night were delicious.

F8F37C0F-541C-4480-AB47-41F9CF5966CA.jpeg

And finally got the truck cleaned up after koh and the urge for snow wheeling is strong haha. We have been having record snowfalls here and I want to get back out.

AED240A4-F1E6-45F8-93E7-C1BD34046FE3.png

We’ll see. Pushed off a lot of side jobs in prep for the race so need to start knocking them out to pay for more truck stuff.

Dang! looks like I need to make it out to Flagstaff soon.

I bet a bunch of the falls and rivers in the Grand Canyon will be rocking here when the weather changes.

It’s been a wild winter. Bummer they closed grand falls not too long ago. That was a close cool falls to see. But yeah I bet everything is gonna be flowing really well this spring

It’s been a wild winter. Bummer they closed grand falls not too long ago. That was a close cool falls to see. But yeah I bet everything is gonna be flowing really well this spring
what about chocolate falls?? I can't image that can ever be closed.

ohh... I guess it's called grand falls haha. I always thought it was chocolate falls.
Yeah same same. Grand falls is its official name, chocolate falls the nickname. Technically it’s on reservation land and people have been trashing it (shocker) and the Navajo nation closed access to it for tourism

Had some fun today playing around with a TRX. Damn was I impressed with how well that thing did as a stock truck. Also put some hp jealousness in my mind haha. He only had more than double the horses under the hood.

Good enough to be seen in public today for the tread lightly cinder hills cleanup. Just have the roof and rear fenders left to do. And ppf the rear fenders leading edge because they’ll get chewed up so fast without it. 64F970C1-CC88-4F3E-8223-3E6728C0B384.jpeg

You will love them seats, so comfortable.
It’s been on the to do list ever since the cage like 4 years ago. But always something more pressing came up. Wish I could just slap em in right now but got other projects in the shop and a few small items that again take precedence over this before the Labor Day cinders takeover.

Back