Taco Sauce

New steering rack before the big cinders meet. Decided to bug my buddy and use the lift in the race shop. Should not have done that. Way too spoiled now and jack stands are for peasants. Gonna have to move my tools there now and figure out rent. 0258C7A5-9646-429C-B199-0982E179D419.jpeg

Got out to Johnson Valley last weekend for a little prerun and fun practice session with the race team. First time trying to get the taco through some of the rock trails out there. They are no joke even the “easy” ones. But had a blast and happy to have gotten through claw hammer and turkey claw without really any issues. Just took a couple spots to keep from taking body damage.

Awesome truck, I don't know how I missed this thread till now. my lil 86 4x4 pickup is like an older poorer version of your, lol.

What's your honest opinion on the Milestar Patagonia's? Since you're in show country, how are they in packed snow? when I have looked at them in the past the tire siping looked to only go half way through the tread which concerns me about maintaining winter performance through the tires life span. I'm highly considering Patagonia's for my upcoming build and they look to perform well (especially on price) but I haven't seen many reviews for winter performance. I get a bit of snow where I live and I don't want to deal with the consequences of bad winter tires.

I dont have personal experience with it yet, but big name tire install shops can add siping to your tires. A couple people have told me it works great in snow. Im waiting to try my KO2s this season then get them siped after a couple storms and see if I can tell a difference.

Awesome truck, I don't know how I missed this thread till now. my lil 86 4x4 pickup is like an older poorer version of your, lol.

What's your honest opinion on the Milestar Patagonia's? Since you're in show country, how are they in packed snow? when I have looked at them in the past the tire siping looked to only go half way through the tread which concerns me about maintaining winter performance through the tires life span. I'm highly considering Patagonia's for my upcoming build and they look to perform well (especially on price) but I haven't seen many reviews for winter performance. I get a bit of snow where I live and I don't want to deal with the consequences of bad winter tires.
I have been very impressed with their winter performance. I came from basically exclusively running Goodyear duratracs which are snow rated studdable tires. But they don’t make them in 37’s so I made the switch to the patagonias. They have a soft tread which I think helps. We get about 100 inches of snow a year in town here and I’m on my second set of them and still super happy.

Started koh prep yesterday and found this pretty quickly.

0A653985-51C2-4FD6-A6C7-8DBD46832B40.jpeg

9F717709-02AB-40D7-A92E-E6FDE98270F8.jpeg

That was probably the new clunk in the rear we were feeling. Bring the leaf spring king is fun and all until it’s time to work on leaf springs. I despise u bolts lol.

Luckily I have the main leaf from my old pack that I replaced last year so swapped that in for now to get us by for a little bit.

View attachment 18615

View attachment 18616

That was probably the new clunk in the rear we were feeling. Bring the leaf spring king is fun and all until it’s time to work on leaf springs. I despise u bolts lol.

Luckily I have the main leaf from my old pack that I replaced last year so swapped that in for now to get us by for a little bit.
at least you have a spare, most people wouldn't haha.

Next trips KOH im assuming?

View attachment 18615

View attachment 18616

I think that’s bad. 😂

View attachment 18615

View attachment 18616

and the fun begins!!!! when you start to break them in 15-20miles then you know you're partying

While doing koh prep I checked out the tolerances I gave myself for front bypass and bump clearance at droop. Look at them race tolerances lol. 2.5 c hairs is plenty to keep things safe lol.A66E9098-54C1-47B1-A1CE-52D802F825D4.jpeg

While doing koh prep I checked out the tolerances I gave myself for front bypass and bump clearance at droop. Look at them race tolerances lol. 2.5 c hairs is plenty to keep things safe lol.View attachment 18988
When that bump pancakes out( watch a video on em they squish flat, I wonder if it pooches out far enough to act as a lil rubber bumper on the shock shaft lol need to gopro it....revolutionary dual purpose bump lol

When that bump pancakes out( watch a video on em they squish flat, I wonder if it pooches out far enough to act as a lil rubber bumper on the shock shaft lol need to gopro it....revolutionary dual purpose bump lol
That would be sweet. But the shock moves away from the bump as it cycles. So I doubt it lol. But would be cool to get some of those wheel well shots of suspension cycling.

Finally getting around to working on the wife’s bumper. Had the frame plate and basic shape already cut/rough bent but didn’t want to go any further without having a fullweekend to work on it since it wastime to cut the plastic. Solidprogress and looking good I think.

BC366871-7EDA-4A20-8412-DED4975715DB.jpegDEAFD81B-3CA8-4186-8683-7648BD31D631.jpegD46E9901-DD14-45D8-82AC-A6C104116EBC.jpeg274704BD-BE10-423B-89F2-2ABB8E738838.jpeg

Back