Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

DXOSs2iE_o.jpg

QKMJneYT_o.jpg

Was cool to watch and learn from Lance aka dunehoon. It's also a bit un-nerving being by a 37" tire spinning at almost 100mph. hahah.

put down 292/294. I suppose that isnt bad considering all the loss.

wJC4Cui1_o.jpg

u4zPRnHi_o.jpg
Should feel pretty peppy in the truck!

Did you ever have a crank hp number? Would be interesting to see how much drivetrain loss there is. I'm also interested to see what mine would be going from a 416/4l80 to a 10" and 40s lol

I have read 35-45% for crawlers.

If you calculated mine with 30% loss... it would equate to 417HP.
40% would be 486HP at crank.

So, I would say it's probably closer to 30% for me.

I have read 35-45% for crawlers.

If you calculated mine with 30% loss... it would equate to 417HP.
40% would be 486HP at crank.

So, I would say it's probably closer to 30% for me.
Yeah that’s kinda my thought also. Hoping for less than 40% 😅

Net pay vs take home pay😂😂

Have you weighed the truck yet?
not yet... but I will!! I always do wet weight with full tank etc.

how much heavier you think it will be than 2ghetto (4,500 lbs if i remember right)

been messing with dumb shit since dyno. After dyno I noticed the rear end picked up a slight howl on de-cel. I checked pinion nut, still seems tight... so, gonna just run it. I wonder if gears werent broken in enough.

made relief cut longer for hoon handle in center console, because if you really cranked hard on it before, you could get it to hit. I might try to sandwich a piece of leather with slit in it to finish it off and hide that big hole...

SHIT>> this pic just made me realize truck is still in neutral from tighening pinion nut! doh!
dURhMW4Z_o.jpg

Wasn't looking forward to fixing the heater core leak issue.... because I had to pull console and dash to get access.
Think I fixed it by just tightening hose clamps more. (face palm) So, heater and everything is hooked back up. Gonna recharge AC and see if it works.

XpJEh6B8_o.jpg

pretty sure it was this juan...
kCH8Et83_o.jpg

then after re-install and opening SwitchPro app ... somehow the color background got lost on switch A. And now the color selector in app was different... so had to recalibrate the stupid colors on both switches again. I try my best to match the AC control color..

XzWfVchZ_o.jpg

next up is installing clear bra material to protect that purdy paint. And install double shear for steering box/sector shaft... and more heat shielding.... and....

3KYrxODx_o.jpg

Great job Aaron this thing looks great! I know after a 5 year project this is probably not a question you want to be asked butttttttttt....... With your family growing from when you started do you see yourself building something larger in the future or are you making the ranger work for now?

Great job Aaron this thing looks great! I know after a 5 year project this is probably not a question you want to be asked butttttttttt....... With your family growing from when you started do you see yourself building something larger in the future or are you making the ranger work for now?
You don't need another ranger Nick!! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the kind words guys!

And, Ranger is gonna have to work! Thing barely fits on trailer and in garage as it is.

although.. I could sell 2ghetto to fund the start of a new build. I'd love an OBS f150 extended cab 3 seater with CHO beams. Don't give me any ideas. haha. This is a sickness. But, 2ghetto probbaly wouldnt even buy the beams and shocks though. LOL

How much is a fully fabricated CHO kit with RCV axles and steering, hubs, etc? Anyone know? Bet it's a lot

Last edited:
Back