Lonely Pinos 250 10 rigs 5 days

I'm just throwing this out there because I'm thinking about it at the moment, but what about Palmdale to Laughlin via Mojave Trail? The views wouldn't be as epic but it would be roughly 250 miles again. Maybe spend last night at the AVI, have a group dinner with the crew, get rested for the long drive back home the next day? Does that sound cool or am i really starting to sound like Raptor owner? lol

Mojave Rd is always fun. Once the new rig is done it'll be one of the first for a family run. Joshua tree to AZ on Bradshaw trail is another good mellow scenic run. I also want to run the El Camino Diablo border route into Yuma.

I've done the Lake Los Angeles to Barstow run lots of times. When I wanted to test my Tacoma before a long trip I would drive dirt to Barstow Del Taco and back. You would then hop on I15 to get to the mojave road or onto the 40 towards newberry springs to hop on the start of the official trial NOT afton canyon that we normally do.

I don't know what the lakebed in Baker looks like in April on average, or even what the water crossings look like, but it would be cool to camp at Stoddard Wells for night one after hitting dirt from Palmdale (possibly start in the evening for a light sesh), then hit Afton rd. off the 15 for day two to check out Afton Canyon and the Megaphone (which I haven't seen in person yet). There was a cabin off trial in the Baker area but I can't for the life of me remember the name, but it was a good time visiting. None of this has to happen I'm just throwing this all out there lol. I'm not a great trip planner.

I'm just throwing this out there because I'm thinking about it at the moment, but what about Palmdale to Laughlin via Mojave Trail? The views wouldn't be as epic but it would be roughly 250 miles again. Maybe spend last night at the AVI, have a group dinner with the crew, get rested for the long drive back home the next day? Does that sound cool or am i really starting to sound like Raptor owner? lol
A bunch of us did a trip from Newbury Springs to Laughlin in March of 2023. It was an epic time and the minion and I would definitely be game to do another one.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 19
Dang somehow I was sleeping on all this trip planning.
@WW_RANGER_X rise up and be the trip planner you were born to be! 😂

I’m down for anything in April with the kiddos.

I’m a big fan of throwing a hotel into the mix.
Ending at the river with a hotel shower and a bar sounds amazing.

I don’t know that area very well at all, It’s all on you Brandon 😂

I have a Cal City trip that I'm in charge of for thanksgiving. Once i get that locked down i can start planning an April trip for sure! I'll plan but im not gonna lead because I'm slow lol.

Last edited:
Back