Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

Thanks for the kind words guys!

And, Ranger is gonna have to work! Thing barely fits on trailer and in garage as it is.

although.. I could sell 2ghetto to fund the start of a new build. I'd love an OBS f150 extended cab 3 seater with CHO beams. Don't give me any ideas. haha. This is a sickness. But, 2ghetto probbaly wouldnt even buy the beams and shocks though. LOL

How much is a fully fabricated CHO kit with RCV axles and steering, hubs, etc? Anyone know? Bet it's a lot
Actually not as bad as you might think. I bought the stuff for my bronco from Andrew, beams, radius arms and axles $4800, swing steer $2500, and you can get his fabricated knuckles for $2500. I mean its a lot but your getting a lot haha. Cant beat the 4WD!

RCV axles? Did that include heims or no?

Still need to add hubs/snout/calipers/rotors?

Probably like 15K then or more. ouch.

Finally got around to building the sector shaft support. Solo motorsports makes the machined billet pitman arm nut with shaft for heim or uniball.
Everything clears lock to lock... and fairly easy to install/remove. Had to use the big ugly washers beacuse I ran outof the correct ones. (SAE i think?)

QnUhdvDp_o.jpg

ZcfUeE9w_o.jpg

You can buy quality 3M stuff... for like $40 for 12x72"
Amazon product

Or, the stuff I have been getting from this place on Amazon for $30, which is also more material at 12x96". Takes 3x of these for the coverage I did, but I have probably like 40" extra?
Amazon product

**I will say that this time the cuts on 2x of the rolls I got were not so great and had some fine pigtailing on the edge that was annoying for install. They also made the edge seem more visible? They clearly are cutting these pieces from a bigger sheet and their tooling was off/dull. I didn't have that problem on any of the other half dozen or so rolls that I purchased in the past.

I finished it all this weekend. All done here, except the last corner of course... the one that gets blasted the most. You know what. You just got me wondering if I can double this shit up?? Hmm

If you zoom in this picture you can see the edges of it on door...
ZZjPFooU_o.jpg

Back