Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

Great lookin truck! Youve got some unbelievable patience to have built 4 of those now!
Now lets see how far each one can get sent!

hell yeah brother - looks awesome.

You at all worried about water/rain getting into the exhaust like that, though? Seems like an awesome opportunity to run a diesel truck exhaust flapper for the lols.

Hey, is your hand brake manual or power?
Length and ratio?
1-10 hard to pull?
Will it lock up tires on pavement?
Lol
I ask because mine is very firm to get it locked on granite road and impossible on asphalt
Not as fun as I hoped for so far

^^ thanks guys!! Just glad I can go enjoy it now and work out the bugs and make it haul ass.

As for handbrake. It is manual. If I remember right it is around 18" long and a 10:1 ratio?? It is fairly firm. It locks them up in dirt. I doubt it will lock um up on street unless maybe I have a ton of weight already transferred forward?... but I'm not sure I tried that hard either?

It's def not like I was expecting either. Brakes are my biggest complaint on this thing.(well besides the trans cooling). Those are items I will be addressing for improvement.

you might want to look at your master cylinder size on hand brake. Maybe try going down one size. It will make your lever less firm and also give more pressure at wheel. It will travel further though.

That is another small thing I will be addressing. If I yank on mine super hard, it actually will contact my center console. I need to cut out a little more out of the slot for the handle.

See guys... trucks are never done. HAHAHAH

Hell yeah Aaron!!!!!

Higher octane can result in less power...

87 could knock, ping, detonate, or diesel.

I wrote that like an idiot lol

Last edited:
Hell yeah Aaron!!!!!

Higher octane can result in less power...and could knock, ping, detonate, or diesel.
i always thought lower octane 87, would cause knocking and pinging and higher octane would reduce is as its not as volitle.

I'll ask the tuner his thoughts. If it's only a few HP..i don't see it being worth it for 91. And yea, I have read the LQ4 is pretty low compression.
I plan to use that guy Lance aka dunehoon on IG that a lot of locals use

I kept my tune (stock LQ4) set for 87, but I drive my truck to/from the desert, so the small bit in power bump isn’t worth spending more in fuel. But you can totally run 91 and get more power, since they can advance the timing more without predetonation.

^^ are you are running factory ECU?

I feel like my holley "auto tune" is running really rich. wish I knew what I was doing. haha.

^^ are you are running factory ECU?

I feel like my holley "auto tune" is running really rich. wish I knew what I was doing. haha.

Sure am. The computers from my old motor and new motor are actually the same physical computer but with different tune. So I used the computer that came with my new motor and trans, and my guy just tweaked stuff while we drove around

Was cool to watch and learn from Lance aka dunehoon. It's also a bit un-nerving being by a 37" tire spinning at almost 100mph. hahah.

put down 292/294. I suppose that isnt bad considering all the loss.

wJC4Cui1_o.jpg

u4zPRnHi_o.jpg

Back