Project G4 AKA Quasi-Ghetto

First thing Justin said. "Bro, them turbrolators are gonna get packed with mud!!" LOL.

I wondered if condenser wouldn't get enough air behind skid(not sure it would fit either)

I thought about possibility of doing 2x smaller AC condensers in series... in front of X behind grille. (the center header panel mount is right in the center) Can you put two condensers in series without any issue? Just put drier after second one? If so, I should check to see if there is room to do that. There is not much if any space there... but I will look.

Maybe I will report back here later. I am loading it up today because I am gonna do a day trip in Ocotillo Wells tomorrow.
yes, you can put 2 in series. and if they hold more combined, the AC will work better. one thing i learned about my aftermarket AC is that air flow is your friend. when i am not moving, the air out my vents start to not be very cool.

Drove it around quite a bit more. Curious how many gallons I burned through. Last trip was 20 gallons and I went waay further this time. Think its running super rich based on fuel consumption alone. Scared myself on the 50+mph table top in Ocotillo (Gas Domes and Cahuilla trail). Felt like a good endo., not sure what it looked like outside, but I didn't get any confidence from that!! LOL. Only Justin got to see it. Jump is blown out to shit... but BroDaddy hits it and flies perfect. So, G4 still needs some tweaking for sure. Must need some more comp in back.... and needs more ride height still too. Got a synthetic winch line to take some weight off. But probably still need more preload in back.

Front still seems stiff... and rear must be soft. Guess that makes sense too. Cant expect the same valving and tube adjustments to work front and rear...since they have drasitically different motion ratios, with front being closer to 1:1

I was able to keep trans temps below 230... but that is because I held back and cruised some. Essentially, I can go about same speed as old truck... maybe a little faster continuously... until I have trans temp issues.

Deep TURBULATOR pan arrived, and ordered 15ft of Heat Shield products ... gatdamn so expensive!! So we'll see if that makes any change, which I doubt it will. Then I do gears, and then... maybe move condenser?... and then add second cooler? And if that doesnt work, I just quit and take up golf carts. LOL J/K!

Ha ha glad to hear. Give that shit a whirl and see if it helps (hopefully it does).

finally got to see the new billet manual valve body...

8NBudQLO_o.jpg

Seems the dipstick level is off? I have read that the oil level should match with the pan/case when hot/full. These marks were much lower than that. This is factory dipstick too... but I read online that it's not uncommon to be off .5"!? I went ahead and center punched the dispstick level with case. So, I have another reference point

zLrLEyWQ_o.jpg

And here is the new pan with TURBULATOR! I hope my temp sensor wiring will reach over to other side of trans... will check that today. If not, that will suck and require some fixin

kOcumUOy_o.jpg

let use know how that works. like others have said, it will most likely get lots of debris stuck in there and over time cause more heat. i looked into those while battling trans heat.

I figure a pressure washer and some compressed air should keep it clean. Worst case... maybe some pipe cleaners or wire? I try to avoid mud like the plague though. I hate cleaning that shit off!!

Trans sensor just reached perfectly. Added the Heat Shields lava protector to the starter. I have been worrried it's getting cooked since day 1. The wires to it.... I noticed the heat shrink glue had dripped down. So it's definitely getting warm. Bought some amazon special velcro heat shield to try out for those wires.

TYuLA88j_o.jpg

Also spent BOOKOO bucks buying the legit Heat Shield products for exhaust... got it all now... gonna start installing it here today I hope. That shit looks like it won't like mud either. haha

Plan is to cover the whole exhaust really. With "air gaps" they recommend facing down. I imagine it should drop heat on the floor quite a bit. I will fully wrap it at the ends by trans cooler without the air gap, because I doubt it would get too hot for metal back there.

Tu6899xQ_o.jpg

I would be extremely surprised if more than 1-2 people in here could show me their oil pan caked in mud LOL, youll be fine. Truck looks great!

^Thanks Nick!!

So, been putting this shit on.

Going slow... because I broke myself off big time on my bicycle. Back is killing me. Apparently OK on X-ray.. except they pointed out a compression fracture... from previous truck jumping incident. haha. I knew it! Main issue now is my thumb metacarpal broken at base. (Trying to get ortho visit)

custom gloves for "my strong hand"
8yPQcQub_o.jpg

ee1GE7he_o.jpg

^^ That's insane. You must have been sore!!

got most of them done now... just need to install them.... and do the front down pipes, x pipe, and figure out if/how to do the bends by making clamshell pieces.

yxFpjPqb_o.jpg

Go in for surgery tomorrow on my left thumb. Even with good hands...this wouldnt have come out by hand. Had to make a tool and smack this one out. Remember way back... one axehole has always been tight. Probably this one.

P8ibjjT4_o.jpg

my bitch ass left hand meant I had to get creative...

dcj2FS9H_o.jpg

Finally got some shims and other parts for gears... so should get it back together soon. (Need a press to get pinion bearings on) Pinion bearing is fucking MASSSIVE on this ultra case..

Also... just bought this. Gonna try this for painting....

Haha no way! That paint booth looks sweet. Now you got a huge hot box chamber to get high. 😂
Whats going be the first paint project?

that color is going to be so bad ass. I have always wanted to try and paint a vehicle, but afraid i dont have the attention to detail to have it come out okay

shit, prep is most of it. I can see scratches I missed on 2ghetto.

I had a big run in the clear on front R fender too. Also, one stripe in the base on roof when I somehow fucked the spray pattern.

wasnt too bad actually. We'll see how lucky I get this time. haha. Just needs to look good at 69mph 69ft away! lol

speaking of prep. Had to get a filter separator for tank. Figured I might as well fab a custom mount so it's mobile too.

9C2mw8wR_o.jpg

UbRxJNXK_o.jpg

Last edited:
aaaaannd sprayed the raptor liner on inside of fenders and bedsides... hoping this will cut down on the rock chips I get from underside through glass and through paint.

ynbkdvLw_o.jpg

PuBWNcJA_o.jpg

Imulpb1m_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back