Fenderfab Ranger

Still chipping away on the wiring. Installed 14 KC Cylones- 6 on the rear, 4 on the front, 4 on the interior.

Dash is mounted and installed. Starting on seat mounts this weekend as well as harness mounts. Wrapping it up pretty quickly now that all the big stuff is done!

Still need to make throttle cable bracket, mount a few final accessories. and run the last couple wires and tie it all up.
IMG_6061.jpg
IMG_6063.jpg
IMG_6065.jpg
IMG_6066.jpg
IMG_6068.jpg
IMG_6070.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6008.jpg
    IMG_6008.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6011.jpg
    IMG_6011.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
PPERSONALLY, I'd ditch that mag mount............ i didn't even make it one mile before I said fuck this thing.
it doesnt hold in a truck bouncing around like our type of trucks

The paint on the ranger isnt the best. its the first paint job i have ever done myself, so there was some runs and imperfections mainly on the cab. Spent some time wet sanding and polishing last night.

Seats are mounted and harnesses are mounted. Going to make the throttle cable bracket and hopefully go for a cruise this weekend.

IMG_6597.jpgIMG_6602.jpgIMG_6603.jpg

Got a 35 mile cruise in yesterday. Truck ran perfect, have a little leak on one of my brake fittings but no big deal. First time driving the truck with the new interior. So far i really like it. The seating position is definitely not as comfortable as it used to be being so close to the pedals. However i love the visibility now with the seat sitting further forward and higher up. With the old layout i could not dune the truck with my harnesses on, i couldn't see well over the hood so its alot more driver friendly now.

I still need to finalize the mounting on the third seat base and my upper harness mounts. I only have one tube on the upper harness mounts currently but it was enough to take for a drive which was my goal. Going to wrap up the final items including wiring up my light bar and shes done for the forseeable future. I really dont have any other upgrades that I want to do. The only thing i am slightly considering is going down a few sizes on the tires. The 40s look sweet but i lost alot of power. I am thinking of going to the 38" nittos or 39" projects if i can ever find a nice set that isnt going for 3k. I felt like 37s were too small but the 40s are too big. Need a middle ground option.

Got a 35 mile cruise in yesterday. Truck ran perfect, have a little leak on one of my brake fittings but no big deal. First time driving the truck with the new interior. So far i really like it. The seating position is definitely not as comfortable as it used to be being so close to the pedals. However i love the visibility now with the seat sitting further forward and higher up. With the old layout i could not dune the truck with my harnesses on, i couldn't see well over the hood so its alot more driver friendly now.

I still need to finalize the mounting on the third seat base and my upper harness mounts. I only have one tube on the upper harness mounts currently but it was enough to take for a drive which was my goal. Going to wrap up the final items including wiring up my light bar and shes done for the forseeable future. I really dont have any other upgrades that I want to do. The only thing i am slightly considering is going down a few sizes on the tires. The 40s look sweet but i lost alot of power. I am thinking of going to the 38" nittos or 39" projects if i can ever find a nice set that isnt going for 3k. I felt like 37s were too small but the 40s are too big. Need a middle ground option.
Supercharger is the middle ground option :D Hahahahha!

Supercharger is the middle ground option :D Hahahahha!
i have thought about additional power but i am worried about reliability issues. it defeinetly could be in the works for a future mod. Im not sure what style is best? As far as a roots (whipple) or a Centrifugal like a procharger or vortech setup.

I have the room for turbo but that seems like a huge pain in the ass with all the added tubing and piping. Really the best way imo to turbo something is to run the shearer fab intake setup with the water intercooler and put the turbo feeding directly into the intake manifold.

like this more or less

1722978619360.png

this is probably my favorite truck on this site. So clean.
Thank you Adam! I really appreciate that. I keep just trying to learn and improve my skills as much as possible. This truck is far from perfect but i think it keeps getting better as time goes on. I learned mostly everything i know by building this truck and I've truly enjoyed the process of learning and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

i have thought about additional power but i am worried about reliability issues. it defeinetly could be in the works for a future mod. Im not sure what style is best? As far as a roots (whipple) or a Centrifugal like a procharger or vortech setup.

I have the room for turbo but that seems like a huge pain in the ass with all the added tubing and piping. Really the best way imo to turbo something is to run the shearer fab intake setup with the water intercooler and put the turbo feeding directly into the intake manifold.

like this more or less

View attachment 26365
Yeah I hear ya! I always wondered if you could run an atlas transfer case and be able to run a different geared rear end. Essentially running a super cheap underdrive system, rather than droppin big bucks on a mason/fortin/etc...

Yeah I hear ya! I always wondered if you could run an atlas transfer case and be able to run a different geared rear end. Essentially running a super cheap underdrive system, rather than droppin big bucks on a mason/fortin/etc...
That is a very interesting idea that i have never though of! I get what your saying though, have a two or 4 speed transfer case to be able to have different ratios

Anyone care to share what they feel my truck is worth? I know its one of those "whatever someone is willing to pay for it" deals. But just curious.

Back