Fenderfab Ranger

those seats look great!
Thanks! These are the NRG prisma ultra seats. They have significantly more padding than the basic NRG shell seats and nicer fabric. I wanted hard shell seats for safety and my back has alot of issues from a few crashes and years of using suspension seats. Hoping they are comfortable in the desert but we will see, they seem to be well made im really happy with them so far. +

Also these are pretty affordable. i originally wanted some custom PRP seats but price wise was out of my budget and they are too big for me to fit 3 of them. I knew the NRG would fit based upon the other pics i posted a few days ago and based upon the measurements they are the smallest frame seat i could find.

I sat in the Medium sized seat in the back yesterday. I could have gotten away with running medium size all around but the shoulder area is slightly snug so going with the larges in the front was the right choice. Realistically the third seat wont get used all the time but its nice to have when another person wants to cruise along.

The third seat will get raised up a bit to keep a clear field of vision for the third passenger.

What’s the spread between the 2 front seats at the shoulder bolsters?
Ill have to measure tonight.

The seats are not in their final resting position in those pictures. Each seat will get moved over about 1.5" so the outer shoulder bolster is essentially touching the door panel.

The only issue i have with pushing them as far outboard as possible is my steering wheel is no longer centered so i need to move my steering column over 1-2" towards the door.

Still working on the packaging

I’m in the same boat and that’s why I asked. My seats aren’t centered to the steering wheel and it’s starting to bug the heck out of me. I’d like to put in new seats that I can move outboard but still clear the B-pillar and down tubes. Looking like a hard shell seat might be my best option. I’m also getting a little tired of suspension seats.

I’m in the same boat and that’s why I asked. My seats aren’t centered to the steering wheel and it’s starting to bug the heck out of me. I’d like to put in new seats that I can move outboard but still clear the B-pillar and down tubes. Looking like a hard shell seat might be my best option. I’m also getting a little tired of suspension seats.

Theres a pic with dimensions on their site

24" spread at the shoulder bolsters.

I have done a ton of research and these are the smallest hard shell seats i have found. This is for the large size. They have other sizes as well.

yea.. I think a big issue for me is my c-pillar cross tube is positioned a few inches forward of firewall. and I am kind of a bigger guy, so the seats are further back too.

Gonna go check the sizes of the seats. my Sparco EVO L's are pretty big in G4.

PS, i think @DP_Tundra was asking the distance between the two seats in the center.... because I would guess that isn't 24" ! hahah.

yea.. I think a big issue for me is my c-pillar cross tube is positioned a few inches forward of firewall. and I am kind of a bigger guy, so the seats are further back too.

PS, i think @DP_Tundra was asking the distance between the two seats in the center.... because I would guess that isn't 24" ! hahah.

Got it!! Yes the seat itself is 24" wide at the bolsters! I will measure tonight the distance between the two seats. Its tight but i can squeeze in there.

Here is the medium for anyone looking:

PRISMA-MediumSEATDIMENSION-780x700_8b98b4c5-bb90-4119-a354-40e775ba8219_900x.jpg

Haha yes that!

My truck had XL Evo’s in there and they touched the B pillars and eachother in the middle of the cab 😂 they were massive but so comfortable.

I’m planning on running 3 hardshell seats in my ranger as well, and either going to run the same as Colin or maybe PRP’s, i gotta compare measurements still but it’s doable. Mark Mcniel has 3 Sparcos in his ranger and he took 2” off the bottom of the middle seat so his fronts were still further back like most like. I am going to do the same as him but my firewall was also designed to give me additional forward legroom over the stock sheetmetal, so if my seats end up more forward than most I’ll still have legroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 16
Its definetly doable! I have about 9-9.5" inbetween the two seats at the shoulder bolsters.

Its not alot of room but its enough. I had planned to take 2" off the middle seat like Kevin posted above but with the medium size seat in the rear it wasnt needed.

The middle seat is about 1/2" away from the rear of the front seats, theres just a little gap.

Got some lights going.

i landed on 4 of the KC Slimlite LED for the front grill. I didnt want something too bulky or heavy as i am making a small structure for the hood tilt setup to hold the lights. Hoping they workout good!

1719427349621.png

I got my dash wrapped.

I had full intentions of sending the dash to an upholstery shop and having it all stitched but i really wanted to try the adhesive suede material and see how it works. Overall im happy with it, the material is pretty difficult to work with by yourself. If the material sticks to itself its extremely difficult to get it apart but its very stretchy and only had a couple small sections i had to touch up. For 50$ in materials im happy with it. It has a nice texture and matches my door panels and seats perfectly.

I am shooting to get everything else wrapped up on the truck this weekend with the 4 day weekend. The only thing i will need to continue working on is seat mounts and harness bars but i just want to finalize the firewall, get the dash installed and get the truck running again. Its been down for too long and i need it finished.

IMG_5939.jpgIMG_5938.jpg

That looks so damn good!
Thanks man!!! it was cheap and worked good. I'm not trying to wait any longer on this thing, need it finished and driving! Took me about an hour to wrap the dash by myself. Couple imperfections but doesn't matter to me! Here's a link to the material i used if anyone is looking for it. I would definitely use this stuff again, its pretty legit. I was worried about it not being strong enough adhesive but its extremely sticky.

It took me 2 of the 16x59 rolls to do the dash and didnt have much left over.

Suede Wrap

I make a mess of my pretty little panties EVERY FUCKING TIME I open this thread........... no matter the page, as long as there's pictures.

Analog white faced guages for the win 🤘 🤘 🤘
Always loved analog gauges! I still have the Holley 3.5" display for additional info but i like the style of regular gauges. Maybe some day she will get a set of baller Livorsi gauges but for now the Auto meters are a classic hitter!

I make a mess of my pretty little panties EVERY FUCKING TIME I open this thread........... no matter the page, as long as there's pictures.
Thank you bro!!! Trying to keep the updates coming!

Back