Fenderfab Ranger

OH

MAI

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

lets talk lights!

One thing i have never gotten around to is lighting on this thing. Im talking front lights.

I have a few of marcels Cutless KC cyclone mounts. one in the cab for red interior lights, and 2 on the back of the truck with amber dust lights. (May update those to a more intense light setup like a BD amber S1 or S2)

So i picked up a KC pro 6 light bar for a good deal but im having second thoughts on having a light bar on top of the windshield.

Any opinions?

Pic below for what im referencing

1701904037859.png

I recommend light down low. I would run a baja designs Onyx series with XL80's for side light. Or just all XL80's.

I don't like reflection off the hood; plus when it's dusty....you see the dust hang in front of you more when the lights are up high.

This is coming from a guy who drives 99% at night. The more lights the better!

Those Gravity Pro 6's are so fucking bright I couldn't imagine having 8 above my windshield lol. Bad ass lights though. I have a pair on my A pillars and they are plenty enough.

The hood on my truck flips forward so i dont have a ton of height on the bumper to put lights.

I need to measure how much clearance i have. Worst case is i could recess them into the grill. My only apprehension with that is limiting airflow but my truck always runs cool. I street cruise it alot and it hovers right around 170 degrees.

Whats up guys. Figured i would document my build here for those interested.

Ive been building this truck for a little over 10 years. I learned how to fab on this truck. Alot of my original work was ugly, poorly executed and just overall wrong. Over this journey i have redone things multiple times and finally ended up where Im at today.

Originally i bought this truck and was just going to do a cage/suspension on 35s and keep it as a daily driver prerunner. That quickly snowballed and over the the period of this build ive had 4 different front end kits, 4 different engine setups, 3 rear axles, 2 backhalfs, 3 engine cages, etc. Finally i got it back up and running this season with a new powerplant.

Ill drop some pics and will start posting current updates etc as i continue on.

View attachment 799View attachment 800View attachment 801View attachment 802
Damn I want those tires. I bet those fronts are a game changer.

lets talk lights!

One thing i have never gotten around to is lighting on this thing. Im talking front lights.

I have a few of marcels Cutless KC cyclone mounts. one in the cab for red interior lights, and 2 on the back of the truck with amber dust lights. (May update those to a more intense light setup like a BD amber S1 or S2)

So i picked up a KC pro 6 light bar for a good deal but im having second thoughts on having a light bar on top of the windshield.

Any opinions?

Pic below for what im referencing

View attachment 17802

Hey @FENDERFAD,

Just like @ Klever has mentioned, I recommend lighting down low and building yourself up where you need it. Our Onyx6+ is a great light bar. They come in increments of 10”,20”,30”,40”, and 50”. Our XL80 lights are another good option if you have 4-5 of them placed right up front. With the variety of lens options we offer, you are able to tune your light blend to your liking. I will link some options below if you want to check them out. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.

OnX6+ Straight LED Light Bar - Universal
XL80 LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal
XL Pro LED Auxiliary Light Pod Pair - Universal

Best,
Bill

Bill Sonevongxay | Forum Sales & Support 
Email: Bill@bajadesigns.com Phone: (760)560-2252

What if you bought some tubing through you’re grill that attaches to your hinge structure and build a bar going across to mount lights to that way they pivot with your hood

What if you bought some tubing through you’re grill that attaches to your hinge structure and build a bar going across to mount lights to that way they pivot with your hood
I like this idea!! Really the best of both worlds right there. Allows the lights to be mounted to grill structure and i dont have to worry about the height of the lights.

Thanks marcel! im gonna go this route

Tear down time- Making some changes to the truck.

Decided i dont like the valence on the front bumper so thats coming off. I gutted the interior, i am going to be making this thing a three seater as i have a child on the way!

Wondering what you guys reccomend for seats? I dont want anything that will break the bank and i dont race. Want something comfortable but safe thats in the smallest package i can find. Most seats i am finding are HUGE- i want something thats as small and compact as possible. For the third seat i will either be using the PRP preteen/kid seat that @marcytech used in his truck, or the same of whatever i get for the fronts if i can fit it. Last option would be using a Rzr/sxs seat as those are smaller. I currently have beard ultra T-1 seats in it right now.

Pics will be posted later today

I have beard plus 2 for front seats in my ranger and a standard beard in the rear. it comes out and I made mounts for my sons prp youth seat. its for sure a tight fit to get back there but for him it will do for a few years and then ill change it up in the front and mount some more narrower seats. my thing is seat belts. what is everyone that has smaller kids use. I feel like the average harnesses are to thick for them.

Back