Down For Mobbing Ford Ranger

I guess it's time to start a new build thread? I'm too lazy to post what's been done up to this point but you can see all the progress on YouTube or on Instagram. Anything done moving forward I'll post here.

some basic info on the truck is: 1993 Ford Ranger with a 5.3 LM7 and th400. The motor has a Texas-Speed cam, springs, pushrods. Nothing crazy at all. The th400 was rebuilt by Culhane's Transmissions and only has a 4l80 hub and manual valve body in it. Here are some current photo's of the truck.

Attachments

• DSC02750.jpg
    DSC02750.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02768-2.jpg
    DSC02768-2.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02119.jpg
    DSC02119.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01813.jpg
    DSC01813.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 26
Picked up some used 2.5 race hubs off a buddy. Now the snowball of new beams and rear housing. These might be on the shelve for a while LOL

IMG_1308.jpgIMG_1309.jpgIMG_1310.jpg

Looking at buying Mitch Made Beams or Ohhchofab Beam

IMG_1446.jpg

Finally got around to working on the truck, pulled off the front end, and gave everything a good once-over. Noticed the Moog ball joints were on their way out – caught that just in time, thankfully. Went ahead and ordered up some Napa blue boot ball joints. Pretty stoked to see how these hold up. I was also checking out those ball joint deletes that Nick makes, but the zero camber adjustment doesn't quite work for me.

Anyways, I sent the parts over to Swift Powder Coating, and man, they had them sandblasted and back to me in no time, like magic.

I'm debating on doing a mag flux test on the welds since everything is off and blasted. Some might say it's a bit overkill for a non-racing truck, but I figure a little extra peace of mind won't hurt. But now that I have everything back I am thinking that money might be better spent rebuilding the shocks instead and just looking over the welds with my eyes.

Below are photo pulled from my IG page. I've got a few reels up on the page about all this as well. Check it out!

tempImagenPmAL6.jpg
tempImagePOiKcG.jpg
tempImageWGJRnx.jpg
tempImageYsqqfl.jpg
tempImagePBvw55.jpg
tempImageXSWAWu.jpg

Attachments

• tempImageRXFRqV.jpg
    tempImageRXFRqV.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 5
Back