1982 F250 single cab

How fast is their turn around?

depending what you get less than a week, if you have bends or plating it takes like 2 weeks

That hole on the top of the tank is for the rollover valve, which many people gut so they can fill the tank without the nozzle kicking off all the time. Last time I messed with the tanks on my Bullnose I used some brass PEX? fittings that fit the grommet, Y'd them together and installed a filter on the end. If you use that for the send I'd add another vent somewhere at the very top of the tank. FTI there is a factory tank for the rear that holds like 40 gallons. Google F26 tank swap.

Yeah this is that tank, or the LMC version it's 37gallons. I'm going to add the extra vent like you suggested. Makes sense. I was looking on my diesel and the vent goes into the fill port so I may try to find a diesel filler and do the same to this truck.

Diesel oem:
20240106_105500.jpg

Ahhh. It looked like a 80-86 plastic filler attachment on the bed.

Mine is a 5.9 Cummins, ZF5, NP205, 05+ superduty axle truck now. I cut it down to a short bed.
That sounds pretty awesome, have you ever considered running waste oil or waste vegetable oil in it?

Edit, wait that's the mechanical injection right?

That sounds pretty awesome, have you ever considered running waste oil or waste vegetable oil in it?

Edit, wait that's the mechanical injection right?

I've been running filtered waste oil in it mixed with diesel forever. The Cummins manual says up to 10% in fine however I have run more than that in the past. All the engine oil, ATF, and shock oil around here either goes into this or my old Mercedes. This truck has a rotary pump on it, it's a Bosch VE, stock other than a fuel pin and a governor spring.

I've been running filtered waste oil in it mixed with diesel forever. The Cummins manual says up to 10% in fine however I have run more than that in the past. All the engine oil, ATF, and shock oil around here either goes into this or my old Mercedes. This truck has a rotary pump on it, it's a Bosch VE, stock other than a fuel pin and a governor spring.

Awesome, I really want to do this, do you have a centrifugal filter for the WMO? Or how do you filter it?

I just let it sit in a 55 gallon drum for a while, then pump it into a fuel jug with a spin on fuel filter and pump. The truck has filters and a water separator on it and that's all I ever needed.
I burn used oil in one of my Fummins too. I've never had a problem with it other than I bought less fuel. I've run around 25% before.

Back