Local Legend Vital Designs Regular Cab Ranger

Dash/console came out so good, everything ended up in the perfect spot. I really didn’t have much input on what I wanted besides just my iPad to be the main center piece, and more squared off like not super contoured rounded shapes if that makes sense… I always thought we could maybe get a more spacious feeling if we didn’t have the dash stick out super far either. All those boxes were checked!

The amount of room inside the cab for a single cab is crazy. To me it’s just as comfortable as a stock truck, if not more.

The weird angle of the stock ranger power steering pump had the reservoir on the pump super close to the bypass. Christian planned to relocate it, but I had been reading about the 4.0 Saginaw swap and thought that might give us what we need.

Got a pump from oreillys, took it to his house and we fit the pump to the stock mount. Just had to cut the collar off the mount and christian drew up a spacer and mount. Worked perfect! Back to oreillys it went so I can get a new new one😂 Hopefully it’s quieter than a ranger pump and should also give slightly better steering feel.

IMG_6817.jpegIMG_6818.jpeg

The weird angle of the stock ranger power steering pump had the reservoir on the pump super close to the bypass. Christian planned to relocate it, but I had been reading about the 4.0 Saginaw swap and thought that might give us what we need.

Got a pump from oreillys, took it to his house and we fit the pump to the stock mount. Just had to cut the collar off the mount and christian drew up a spacer and mount. Worked perfect! Back to oreillys it went so I can get a new new one😂 Hopefully it’s quieter than a ranger pump and should also give slightly better steering feel.

View attachment 21842View attachment 21844
I'm doing the same on my ranger. the kit i got says to use a P/S pump out of a 02-06 jeep. truck is coming out nice.

Couple pics of the back half pretty much finished up. Christian’s been absolutely busting his ass to get this thing done so not many updates from him, and I’ve just been forgetting to take pics when I’m over there.

Christian got the storage boxes lazer cut out of aluminum and assembled. These things really offer a great amount of storage, and I like how they close off the truck from the back. Still need lid latches for them and we plan to put a drain plug in one so I can make it a big cooler if I want for like truck meets etc. they come off with 3 bolts so I have options to run with or without.

70831666-03AA-4272-8916-83A6523FF296.jpeg19F40EA9-F66A-4378-91CD-66E78EE2BD97.jpeg
Hunted down a geiser dry brake gas cap, I really wanted to do something different than a basic cap. Actually finding one of these geiser caps was harder than I thought it would be but the end product was worth it. 175B6B70-6AED-45B5-A606-87EF96F7C691.jpeg

Christian got a go fast rack made that sits on top of the backhalf so I can hold this tote and a yeti/hard cooler and go fast. The tote holds my tent, stove, air mattress, etc pretty much my whole life out there so I really wanted a spot to put it. I always wanted to do like a trailer hitch style carrier but you can’t really go fast with those!! This rack comes off with 4 pull pins and will be taken off when in the desert. Again worked out perfectly!

New video on the truck, even though it’s from a while ago. Check it out!

nice design on the storage rack. the saddle storage is great. i am able to store most all my trail tools/supplies in mine. its good to tuck them under the bedside to get more space.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.JPG
    DSCI0002.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190215_162717.jpg
    20190215_162717.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 15
Been going to Christian’s as much as I can to get the wiring done.

I pretty much did the rope harness, then cut it out in real wire spliced it all pinned it and then decided to stop. That first time I had some things I wish I did better, and I ended up wanting to change the tail light wire gauge so i redid it again from fuel cell back. Came out really good this time, and I got it all finished yesterday besides heat shrink over the complete harness. Will post more just harness pics when that’s done.

Power steering lines and still waiting on a drive shaft are the two “big” things left! After that we blow it apart for paint, hardware and final.

Some random pics over the last week, the last one gets me really excited!!

B759F408-F102-4352-A893-F270F70BDDD5.jpeg5B7F4CE6-53FB-4F24-B2AF-63FD18F8F49A.jpegIMG_7174.jpegIMG_7235.jpeg

Back