Trailers, what you got or want

Dirt Yota

Searched but didn’t see any topic/threads on trailers for hauling your toys to dirt. I’m not ready to buy but I thinking I need to start saving for one. I mean one always needs new friends right! My truck is 86” outside sidewall to sidewall.

What are you guys using?

Best place to look for used trailers?

What brand to stay away from?

Also, any places that rent flat bed/equipment trailers, deck overs or drive overs. I live in Camarillo so for me a nearby rental preferred but I’m sure other could use info as well.

I’m using a 24’x102” PJ flatbed trailer with drive over fenders and tandem 7k axles. Overkill for my buggy, but it’s an all around perfect trailer to haul anything I need to up to 10k lbs.

I know you said you weren’t ready to buy, but I have a 16’ PJ flatbed trailer with tandem 3,500lb axles I’m about to put up for sale if your interested

I’m using a 24’x102” PJ flatbed trailer with drive over fenders and tandem 7k axles. Overkill for my buggy, but it’s an all around perfect trailer to haul anything I need to up to 10k lbs.

I know you said you weren’t ready to buy, but I have a 16’ PJ flatbed trailer with tandem 3,500lb axles I’m about to put up for sale if your interested

I’ve been told PJ is one of the better brands. 16’ 7k, is it a drive over fender setup or what is width between fenders? I need 86” minimum width. I’m interested not sure I’m able to financially make a move yet even if it checks all the boxes. But let’s see the ad and or specs etc

I have a clapped out 16’ trailer not sure on brand I bought it from my work for 200 and it needs a full rebuild . The axels are so bent on it that they look like they are smiling at me to it’s going to be quite the project

I have a 2018 PJ B8 Drive over fender trailer. Super overkill being 14K rated but brakes on both axles and powdercoated frame and wheels, with D rings welded to trailer. It's more trailer that I need and being big and tall with no dove tail makes it useless for hauling car's or lower vehicles. I want to get a tilt deck trailer for hauling that stuff but can't justify buying and maintaining another trailer for the couple times I year I could've used it.

I’ve been told PJ is one of the better brands. 16’ 7k, is it a drive over fender setup or what is width between fenders? I need 86” minimum width. I’m interested not sure I’m able to financially make a move yet even if it checks all the boxes. But let’s see the ad and or specs etc
I believe it’s 83” between the rails, no drive over fenders. I’ll probably post it up for sale this weekend

i bought mine off facebook- some no name guys in san bernardino were building them out of a small shop. The quality is good and it was cheap. Its 20' x 102" has 2 6k axles. I upgraded the tires to 16ply and added the winch and lights and tool box etc.

View attachment 14072

That’s kinda what I’m looking for, 18-20’ drive over preferably but deck over could work. Wifey is making me sell my 16’ 4runner pay off some bills so told her I get left over for a trailer… told her so I can haul prerunner but forgot to tell her so I can my an older 4runner muhahaha!

83" is all you will find between fenders. you will have to modify it to be a drive over or get a drive over fender trailer. not hard to mod it. thats what i am doing to mine. its a cheaper rout. for the money a pj is the way to go. i think all pj's have brakes on both axles. most only have them on one.
a buddy just picked up a used pj for $6K
i paid $5K for my non drive over fender trailer new. after mods i will be into it a easily $7K. changed out the china bomb tires, winch, paint under the trailer, add a box, cut fenders off and make it a drive over, add more lights

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_125505462_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220203_125505462_HDR.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 18
That’s kinda what I’m looking for, 18-20’ drive over preferably but deck over could work. Wifey is making me sell my 16’ 4runner pay off some bills so told her I get left over for a trailer… told her so I can haul prerunner but forgot to tell her so I can my an older 4runner muhahaha!
I am sure pricing has raised since i purchased mine- but i paid 4700 brand new out the door.

Not sure if theyre still even in business- the guys phone number is 714-798-1555. Worth shooting him a text or call to see.

my .02 cents.

had a 16 ft carson wood deck for my ranger, did the job and was cheap.
bought a 18ft pj with drive over fenders and god damn it was worth it.

Didnt realize how much better it would tow. The carson would flex and just didnt feel as sturdy towing. The PJ towed like a dream, didnt get the flexy fealing at all, and felt planted.

I am hearing that ATC might be making a comparable trailer to the yiro mexican made ones coming out towards the end of the year. Interested to see those.

I built my own 96inx22ft trailer with 7k axles, drive over fenders and hydraulic dove tail so no need for ramps ever. Spent around $2500 five years ago but haven't painted, wired, or installed the hydraulics yet. Came back later and added the front rails and E-track to haul bikes as well. It's heavier than most flat beds but is way stiffer and is super solid when towing my truck. I've had my 14k pound tractor on it and it didn't budge. Took forever to build and still isn't done so 8/10 would do it again.
Trailer.jpg

I’ve got a 16’ Carson deluxe. I believe they come in 18’ as well. 3500 pound axles
It’s 102” wide at the back from factory, I built the drive over fenders. it’s 83” between fenders and the deck is also 83” wide forward of the fenders. Fits my ranger perfect but I do plan to widen the front portion of the deck to the same width as the back.

I’m really happy with it. Haven’t really needed more. It tows great empty or full. Best part is it was 2 grand!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 34
Started small and moved up as the family grew. Sold the toyhauler a few years ago (mistake!) plan was to get a 5th wheel. Mom gave us the Terry travel trailer with a ton of water damage and my inlaws gave us their old 1976 Jamboree Smuggler (not shown, plan to restore)

PICT0570.jpg

20131122_104327_zpsb54b10ac.jpg

20151122_163010_zpshamekaly.jpg

20220130_124352.jpg

Warning, golf cart content :ROFLMAO:

20171121_104917.jpg

I’m running a 23+5 PJ low pro gooseneck (28 ft of deck with the ramps closed) with two 7k axles under it. I special ordered it in 2019 in the color I wanted, added torque tube, winch prep, the “monster ramps”, and some other piddly stuff. It’s overkill but I wanted it big enough to haul my dads CJ5 and my K5. I made some extra ramps so I could load a truck with the trailers ramps in the down position

Love the trailer, my only complaint is the thing looks like it was slapped together by a bunch of high school welders. Half the welds look like trash and there were several spots in the powder coat that were missed and just rattle canned (very noticeable now that the trailer is 4 years old and the rattle can paint is fading). 28ft has been a great size and of course being a GN it tows phenomenal. Also I love not having fenders!

IMG_3952.jpeg
73E63007-814F-4CF4-8A2E-B51B946341C9.jpeg
IMG_5289.jpeg

Some nice trailers guys!!! What I’m learn I shoulda got one back when things were reasonably priced, now shit is pushing $7-8k up for what I think I need 😆

Back