Power Tanks, On Board Air Systems...What Are You Using?

I have one of those Milwaukee compressors. And I use it all the time. I have a smittybilt 12v Compressor that I use when I went to Baja. And what spring with me? When I'm hauling my trailer since it is faster. And more powerful. But the milwaukee has done everything i've needed it to.

I currently have arrear tire on my sequoia that drops 10 psi or so a week so I keep this in there To top it off and not have to drive back to my Shop and Run the hose out the door

Anyone using one of the Milwaukee air compressors? I've been a big fan of Milwaukee products, but hesitant to go battery powered for reliability reasons. Mostly concerned with how long a bettery lasts in one of these things.

View attachment 23239

I used to have a little portable Viair 88p that clamped onto the battery posts and I loved it. 10/10 would recommend.

But now that I'm in the market again 🤷‍♂️

My parents got me this pump for my birthday this year and I tried using it this past weekend. Flipped the switch and nothin'.

Ended up using Lance's Milwaukee pump and it's AWESOME. Set it and forget it. Went through two batteries.

Went through two batteries in a good way or bad way?

Whichever way you think it is? I think only two batteries to fill four 35" tires from 17psi-35psi is great. I would have expected more.
In other news, last night I tried the pump my parents got me and it worked. I wonder if the piston was stuck from shipping. Anyways, I aired down to 20psi in one tire and filled it up to 35 in around a minute

Oh I thought maybe you meant like it was the life of the party and EVERYONE was loving it and using it and you went through two batteries before you knew it haha.

Yeah by the sounds of it I think I'll go with a more reliable power source and get another Viair pump. I like to take my tools out of my truck when I use it for personal reasons (not work) and so I'd probably only keep one battery on me and plugged into the compressor (which would also drain the battery slowly as it is as well). I get pretty far out there when I go camping. Would hate to have to drive canyon roads home on 15 psi with tall skinnies 😬

Thanks for all the feedback! Glad your other pump kicked on!

Back